Clark Builders

Clark Builders Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB49 reviews
Clark Builders helped me advance my career. I was able to obtain many certifications and training opportunities as well as my journeyman ticket through Clark Builders.
Overall a great place to work if you can take the politics. Working in Edmonton was good but up in Fort MacMurray there was a lot of favouritism. If you worked on one of his former job sites you had it made. If not all the bad jobs were yours. Not just to myself but others felt the same way. And don’t get hurt. That’s the end of working for them too. Didn’t happen to me but others.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
CB is a leader for how they treat the people that work there.
Management is open and transparent and are very approachable.

I enjoyed my time working as part of the team.
I worked for this company many years, on many jobsites, in many cities. I appreciated the diversity of the jobs. I was able to work on a concrete pour, as well as balconies, commercial jobs, and finishing. A great company to work for.
The company was great when I was there but towards the end of my time the company became very klicky where certain groups and people caused problems for others, You work hard all day and then they expected you to work on your time off with no compensation.
fast pace and good employees....the company it self is very good but it seems lately the management went down and under....not much work lately....great co workers.
It was a great place to work. I was willing to work hard and learn; I got so much out of it! Very fair and safe company to work for. We worked hard and still had a great time!
Had to drive a lot and long distances with out being paid or compensated.
low wage, lots of long hours and dirty hard work. Was made to work threw snow storms and extremely cold conditions of -40 and up.

never given any opportunity to advance and was just asked more and more of with out wage increase. Company is built around spoiling management and low balling the workers that get the job done.
Clark Builders was a great place to work until Turner Construction took controlling company shares. Now they are a construction conglomerate that could care less about their employees. You used to be know as a person... NOW you are just a NUMBER...
Pros
Good Pay & benefits.
Cons
Poor Management throughout.
I worked for Clark Builders for three summers. I was a part of many fantastic sites and awesome crews. As a general laborer I spent the majority of my time prepping, pouring and cleaning up concrete pours. I also contributed to general site cleanliness as well as odd jobs which included working from swing stages.
Pros
On the job learning specific to your task
Cons
Can't think of anything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clark Builders?
Growing with a company over a period of 18 years allowed me both a personal and professional growth. The excellent mentoring from the managing partners has provided a basis for my future interests. As a smaller company we had a very good workplace culture which tended to die out as the company grew and new management did not seem to share the same values.
Pros
Excellent Managing Partners
Cons
Loss of or change of corporate values
Good place to work with money and hours though the cons are heavy. The politics within the company are horrible, they are racist, sexist and anything and everything in between. The foremans act like children and throw tempers as if their in grade school. The older employees are not willing to teach the apprentices and will go out of their way to make you look bad to save their jobs. They will hide safety issues that OHS should be looking into, things that would get the company In HUGE trouble. Don't work here unless your good at politics and are good at covering up safety mistakes.
Pros
Money, Hours
Cons
Foremans, Coworkers, Culture, Safety
do a bunch of different tasks as a labourer things were well quit for personal reasons I learned mulitiple different skills co workers were ok pay was good
Clarck Builders/Frontier was not a bad place to work. great people.

good hours

good tools

lots of work most of the time

Need to work on the HR side of things.
they are a good company to work for they take care of their workers I am layed off and they are trying to get me work as much as they van they exhaust every resource to get their workers working and to keep them happy
Pros
they will work with you and your scheduale
Cons
44 hrs a week no overtime
was good experience learned lots took part in building shell place community centre nice to be able to go and enjoy what i had help build was a good company to work for
Clark Builders is one of the best company's to work for, they are a large company but always make sure their employees are taken care of and have work
Pros
Great people
GOOD PAY

lots of good people

hard work

good to have

good experience

good career choice for trades people
Pros
good money, good hours, good people
Cons
can be long days, hard work
Clark Builders is a great place to work and offers above average wages and benefits. The HR department and management are incredibly people orientated and genuinely care about the work force.
Pros
Excellent wages, incredible management
Cons
Might end up working away for longer shifts
Started at 7 every Monday-Friday
Optional weekend overtime

Good work environment, never pushed beyond limits.

Fit with a great crew and felt rewarded financial and mentally.
Good place to work, lots of low quality work. Lots of poor attitude as well as sloppy management when in regards to building quality