Clark Builders

Clark Builders Employee Reviews

It was typically a great environment. I had great project managers which helped make the jobs run efficiently. If I had questions the answers were readily available.
Overall a great place to work if you can take the politics. Working in Edmonton was good but up in Fort MacMurray there was a lot of favouritism. If you worked on one of his former job sites you had it made. If not all the bad jobs were yours. Not just to myself but others felt the same way. And don’t get hurt. That’s the end of working for them too. Didn’t happen to me but others.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Clark Builders helped me advance my career. I was able to obtain many certifications and training opportunities as well as my journeyman ticket through Clark Builders.
CB is a leader for how they treat the people that work there.
Management is open and transparent and are very approachable.

I enjoyed my time working as part of the team.
Don't ever expect to be recognized for any achievements. Management is run in the office with little site feed back, just a numbers game. No raises, no room for advancement. Treat hourly employees poorly and salaried office workers get all the perks
I worked for this company many years, on many jobsites, in many cities. I appreciated the diversity of the jobs. I was able to work on a concrete pour, as well as balconies, commercial jobs, and finishing. A great company to work for.
The company was great when I was there but towards the end of my time the company became very klicky where certain groups and people caused problems for others, You work hard all day and then they expected you to work on your time off with no compensation.
Challenges daily. Team solving culture. Enjoyed the poeple and the projects. Was able to interact with the clients as well as sub trades. Daily feeling of accomplishment.
fast pace and good employees....the company it self is very good but it seems lately the management went down and under....not much work lately....great co workers.
It was a great place to work. I was willing to work hard and learn; I got so much out of it! Very fair and safe company to work for. We worked hard and still had a great time!
There is no team with Clark its them and that's it .they are the worst contractor that I have ever dealt with in 37 years yep they seem to want to work with you 10 minutes later they're working against you planting trees doing landscaping when the job is half done does not make sense now have no access to the building to put product on the wall the job is behind but they move forward but the substrates move backwards that is Clarks model as far as I'm concerned worst company out there
Had to drive a lot and long distances with out being paid or compensated.
low wage, lots of long hours and dirty hard work. Was made to work threw snow storms and extremely cold conditions of -40 and up.

never given any opportunity to advance and was just asked more and more of with out wage increase. Company is built around spoiling management and low balling the workers that get the job done.
The people (for the most part) are nice, never had much of an issue working for them.
Usually keep you busy, the hours are good, optional OT if you're into that kinda thing.

Pretty much what you expect when working for a construction company.

rating : a company / 10
the company was great in providing training and job placement. unfortunately due to economics I was laid off. but overall, it was a pleasant experience working for them.
Pros
cosistant hours long term placements on sites
Cons
parking is hard to find at most job sites
Clark Builders was a great place to work until Turner Construction took controlling company shares. Now they are a construction conglomerate that could care less about their employees. You used to be know as a person... NOW you are just a NUMBER...
Pros
Good Pay & benefits.
Cons
Poor Management throughout.
After working with Clark Builders, I learned a great deal of information for blueprint and layouts, good and honest people, wish I was still working for them, I pursued my education so in the future I can start a first nations company.
Pros
Good company, good people, good work
Cons
Did not send me my A6 forms for my apprenticeship
LARRY CLARK

GREAT AND HONESTLY A GREAT MAN FAIR. GREAT PLACE TO WORK. Builds the way you want built. Use best material. You also learn a lot about building and let you work and trust u.
Pros
Great people and great environment great paid
Cons
Great job and Learn alot.
Great workplace culture and plenty of opportunity. Plenty of people that are willing to train new employees and overall this creates a great culture for everyone.
I worked for Clark Builders for three summers. I was a part of many fantastic sites and awesome crews. As a general laborer I spent the majority of my time prepping, pouring and cleaning up concrete pours. I also contributed to general site cleanliness as well as odd jobs which included working from swing stages.
Pros
On the job learning specific to your task
Cons
Can't think of anything
Labour work is always hard but depends, your co workers could make it fun. Just do your job. Management is never going to be fair. Don't get a job in the field if your not good at taking instructions.
Pros
Free coffees and food sometimes
Cons
bossy co workers
Growing with a company over a period of 18 years allowed me both a personal and professional growth. The excellent mentoring from the managing partners has provided a basis for my future interests. As a smaller company we had a very good workplace culture which tended to die out as the company grew and new management did not seem to share the same values.
Pros
Excellent Managing Partners
Cons
Loss of or change of corporate values