Clark Builders
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

Clark Builders Employee Reviews

Canada92 reviews

Growing company that may be growing too fast.

I've been with CB for 1.5 years and they have a lot of work in the Vancouver area, but they are new to the area and don't have the employee's or the resources that they to in Edmonton to make the company truely successful.

At most everybody gets along and very helpful

I enjoyed my job I just left for personals reason but they help you achieve your goal room for advancement and flexible if u want to go to school and widen and further ur skills for the job.

Pros

Free lunches, events

Cons

Long hours but it is worth it in the end for the finished project

good tools readily available

Most days are good, like anything.... i have learnt alot with Clark and would recomend any one to work here. there is no hard part is your hard working and want to learn.

Pros

lots of free lunches

Cons

that's for you to find out.

Decent work load, overtime if desired. Top civil pay, respectable work environment. Safety culture amongst the top of employers of similar size.

I enjoyed the balance of pace and safety. High skill carpenters getting big things built. One of the better companies I've worked for that isnt union.

Pros

Challenged. Well compensated.

Cons

Sometimes under manned, hectic.

Productive and a fun place to work

Clark is a good company to work for. The only thing they need to work on is a mentoring program.If you are a hard worker you will fit in just fine..

Pros

Pay scale

Cons

No mentoring program

Good people

Good location, the people were easy to work with. I known the higher up from previous jobs that Clark builders were working on. Too bad the work had wrapped up and they have moved on.

Pros

Location was close

Cons

The work ended

Good, team work, depending on the team

Overall a good environment to work in , on out of town work, They think about themself first though. As soon as the job is finished. You will be lay off.

Pros

Good pay, when working out of town

Cons

As soon as the out of town work is done, you are lay off.

Don't live up to their Core values.

Very clique driven management group, cover their own backsides at the expense of staff and the project. The carpenters at Frontier were skilled but again the clique attitude was astounding, tattle tale by design, very focused on "what i gain" rather than how the project moves forward.

That about sums it up!!! They had a great employer but they let personalities govern over principles and a company should never do that

Greatest company I would have liked to work there longer but they judged me and tried to do my thinking for me! Unacceptable. I was planning on going as far as I possibly could with Clark builders unfortunately I was let go for no reason other that they could give me after doing my job perfectly safely and efficiently.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Too serious of an environment

It’s not the company Andy started

This firm’s reputation and leadership were second to none for decades, but unfortunately those times are behind them. With a leadership more focused on their aesthetic and egoS vs. the wellness of their employees and the quality of their work, it is no surprise that their business is waffling. If it weren’t for Turner, their majority shareholder, Clark’s days would have ended by now. In spite of Turner’s financial support and general oversight of all business operations, Clark has become a toxic workplace with inept, rich kids and narcissistic, power hungry bullies pretending filling the roles of VP. There is some light at the end of this warning, soon, the few solid, honest, and skilled workers that are still suffering through the day to day at Clark will be available for other firms...as the future of Clark is bleak.

Pros

Coworkers were great

Cons

Senior management, culture, integrity

No thanks

Nothing good to say.No better,no worse then competitors.They also deduct $58 every cheque for company paid benefit.Occasional pizza day,won’t update your safety tickets

Pros

Cons

44 hour week when none of the sub trades work 44

Great company to work for but due to covid 19 they did not have work for me.

It was typically a great environment. I had great project managers which helped make the jobs run efficiently. If I had questions the answers were readily available.

Site Superintendents were hit and miss.

Overall a great place to work if you can take the politics. Working in Edmonton was good but up in Fort MacMurray there was a lot of favouritism. If you worked on one of his former job sites you had it made. If not all the bad jobs were yours. Not just to myself but others felt the same way. And don’t get hurt. That’s the end of working for them too. Didn’t happen to me but others.

Pros

Good wages.

Productive work environment

Clark Builders helped me advance my career. I was able to obtain many certifications and training opportunities as well as my journeyman ticket through Clark Builders.

Cb

CB is a leader for how they treat the people that work there. Management is open and transparent and are very approachable. I enjoyed my time working as part of the team.

Not a great company

Don't ever expect to be recognized for any achievements. Management is run in the office with little site feed back, just a numbers game. No raises, no room for advancement. Treat hourly employees poorly and salaried office workers get all the perks

Productive Environment

I worked for this company many years, on many jobsites, in many cities. I appreciated the diversity of the jobs. I was able to work on a concrete pour, as well as balconies, commercial jobs, and finishing. A great company to work for.

Very Klicky

The company was great when I was there but towards the end of my time the company became very klicky where certain groups and people caused problems for others, You work hard all day and then they expected you to work on your time off with no compensation.

Good team oriented company

Challenges daily. Team solving culture. Enjoyed the poeple and the projects. Was able to interact with the clients as well as sub trades. Daily feeling of accomplishment.

stressful and productive

fast pace and good employees....the company it self is very good but it seems lately the management went down and under....not much work lately....great co workers.

Excellent Experience and workplace!

It was a great place to work. I was willing to work hard and learn; I got so much out of it! Very fair and safe company to work for. We worked hard and still had a great time!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Builders. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement