Clark Builders

Clark Builders Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews
Productive work environment
Clark Builders helped me advance my career. I was able to obtain many certifications and training opportunities as well as my journeyman ticket through Clark Builders.
Site Superintendents were hit and miss.
Overall a great place to work if you can take the politics. Working in Edmonton was good but up in Fort MacMurray there was a lot of favouritism. If you worked on one of his former job sites you had it made. If not all the bad jobs were yours. Not just to myself but others felt the same way. And don’t get hurt. That’s the end of working for them too. Didn’t happen to me but others.
Pros
Good wages.
Cb
CB is a leader for how they treat the people that work there.
Management is open and transparent and are very approachable.

I enjoyed my time working as part of the team.
Not a great company
Don't ever expect to be recognized for any achievements. Management is run in the office with little site feed back, just a numbers game. No raises, no room for advancement. Treat hourly employees poorly and salaried office workers get all the perks
Productive Environment
I worked for this company many years, on many jobsites, in many cities. I appreciated the diversity of the jobs. I was able to work on a concrete pour, as well as balconies, commercial jobs, and finishing. A great company to work for.
Very Klicky
The company was great when I was there but towards the end of my time the company became very klicky where certain groups and people caused problems for others, You work hard all day and then they expected you to work on your time off with no compensation.
Good team oriented company
Challenges daily. Team solving culture. Enjoyed the poeple and the projects. Was able to interact with the clients as well as sub trades. Daily feeling of accomplishment.
stressful and productive
fast pace and good employees....the company it self is very good but it seems lately the management went down and under....not much work lately....great co workers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clark Builders?
Excellent Experience and workplace!
It was a great place to work. I was willing to work hard and learn; I got so much out of it! Very fair and safe company to work for. We worked hard and still had a great time!
Terrible company to be associated with
There is no team with Clark its them and that's it .they are the worst contractor that I have ever dealt with in 37 years yep they seem to want to work with you 10 minutes later they're working against you planting trees doing landscaping when the job is half done does not make sense now have no access to the building to put product on the wall the job is behind but they move forward but the substrates move backwards that is Clarks model as far as I'm concerned worst company out there
long hours and long drives for low wage and no compensation
Had to drive a lot and long distances with out being paid or compensated.
low wage, lots of long hours and dirty hard work. Was made to work threw snow storms and extremely cold conditions of -40 and up.

never given any opportunity to advance and was just asked more and more of with out wage increase. Company is built around spoiling management and low balling the workers that get the job done.
Pretty good company
The people (for the most part) are nice, never had much of an issue working for them.
Usually keep you busy, the hours are good, optional OT if you're into that kinda thing.

Pretty much what you expect when working for a construction company.

rating : a company / 10
Great place to work, Family orientated... Until 01/01/2017
Clark Builders was a great place to work until Turner Construction took controlling company shares. Now they are a construction conglomerate that could care less about their employees. You used to be know as a person... NOW you are just a NUMBER...
Pros
Good Pay & benefits.
Cons
Poor Management throughout.
Great opportunities, great people to work for
After working with Clark Builders, I learned a great deal of information for blueprint and layouts, good and honest people, wish I was still working for them, I pursued my education so in the future I can start a first nations company.
Pros
Good company, good people, good work
Cons
Did not send me my A6 forms for my apprenticeship
Great workplace
Great workplace culture and plenty of opportunity. Plenty of people that are willing to train new employees and overall this creates a great culture for everyone.
Wonderful Company
I worked for Clark Builders for three summers. I was a part of many fantastic sites and awesome crews. As a general laborer I spent the majority of my time prepping, pouring and cleaning up concrete pours. I also contributed to general site cleanliness as well as odd jobs which included working from swing stages.
Pros
On the job learning specific to your task
Cons
Can't think of anything
Hard work but at least you get free coffee
Labour work is always hard but depends, your co workers could make it fun. Just do your job. Management is never going to be fair. Don't get a job in the field if your not good at taking instructions.
Pros
Free coffees and food sometimes
Cons
bossy co workers
Excellent Mentoring
Growing with a company over a period of 18 years allowed me both a personal and professional growth. The excellent mentoring from the managing partners has provided a basis for my future interests. As a smaller company we had a very good workplace culture which tended to die out as the company grew and new management did not seem to share the same values.
Pros
Excellent Managing Partners
Cons
Loss of or change of corporate values
Money is good, Culture is horrible
Good place to work with money and hours though the cons are heavy. The politics within the company are horrible, they are racist, sexist and anything and everything in between. The foremans act like children and throw tempers as if their in grade school. The older employees are not willing to teach the apprentices and will go out of their way to make you look bad to save their jobs. They will hide safety issues that OHS should be looking into, things that would get the company In HUGE trouble. Don't work here unless your good at politics and are good at covering up safety mistakes.
Pros
Money, Hours
Cons
Foremans, Coworkers, Culture, Safety
positive experience
great culture and positive people who are driven and always willing to go the extra mile .
Managers listened to concerns and worked to ensure all team members were appreciated
Pros
great culture
Good to work with.
Good Company to work with and also good people. Learned a lot with the company. I've made most of my experience with Clark Builders, they are fun to learn and also the Experience.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Good working hours