Clark Builders Employee Reviews

Money is good, Culture is horrible
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2018
Good place to work with money and hours though the cons are heavy. The politics within the company are horrible, they are racist, sexist and anything and everything in between. The foremans act like children and throw tempers as if their in grade school. The older employees are not willing to teach the apprentices and will go out of their way to make you look bad to save their jobs. They will hide safety issues that OHS should be looking into, things that would get the company In HUGE trouble. Don't work here unless your good at politics and are good at covering up safety mistakes.
Pros
Money, Hours
Cons
Foremans, Coworkers, Culture, Safety
positive experience
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  fort saskatechewan ab26 August 2018
great culture and positive people who are driven and always willing to go the extra mile .
Managers listened to concerns and worked to ensure all team members were appreciated
Pros
great culture
Challenging work environment
INDUSTRIAL PROJECT MANAGER (CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 May 2018
Excellent support of employees. Team atmosphere on most projects. Very progressive and dynamic approach to new projects. Company has a very strong desire to improve their employee's abilities in all aspects of their career.
Pros
great work place atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes have poor communication between Manager and field staff
Enjoyed working for this company, great environment and people.
Formwork Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Hand's down, one of the best construction companies you could work for. I had a great experience and they kept me busy, and brought me into the construction market.
Kind and helpful superiors
Infection Prevention and Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT1 May 2018
I was the youngest female on the job site and all of my superiors were very helpful and not judgemental. I always received advice or backup when needed. The benefits package was incredible and it helped me out multiple times. If your looking for a company that takes care of its employees Clark builders is a great company to work for.
Pros
Pizza days, Benefits
Cons
Productive and continuous building great team.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Norman Wells, NT3 April 2018
Clark Builders is a great company to work with. Very versatile with their workers. Helpful and understanding superintendents. Knowledgeable workers and teaching their own skills to others. Pay is also excellent. Clark Builders also envested 500 million into the Northwest Territories to build for the people of the NWT and it’s government. I am truly grateful a big company such as Clark Builders would make an investment in such a harsh climate which can hinder dead lines for company’s.
Pros
Pay is good
lots to learn
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab19 March 2018
do a bunch of different tasks as a labourer things were well quit for personal reasons I learned mulitiple different skills co workers were ok pay was good
enjoyable
Director, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
contract work but made lasting business contacts
firm was very involved with community projects as well as an eye towards current and important environmental concerns
decent and rewarding place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
they are a good company to work for they take care of their workers I am layed off and they are trying to get me work as much as they van they exhaust every resource to get their workers working and to keep them happy
Pros
they will work with you and your scheduale
Cons
44 hrs a week no overtime
Good company to work for.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB7 February 2018
Found the company at the time to pay very well. Even gave me living allowance. The management was great. The hours I was paid for were guaranteed if I work the hrs or not. Overall I would love to work for this company again.
Learned lots
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
was good experience learned lots took part in building shell place community centre nice to be able to go and enjoy what i had help build was a good company to work for
Great Company to work for!
LABOURER (Current Employee) –  edmonton alberta9 January 2018
Clark Builders is one of the best company's to work for, they are a large company but always make sure their employees are taken care of and have work
Pros
Great people
Cons
Great experience in a construction labour role.
General Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 November 2017
I had a great time and experience traveling out west and applying myself to a job I've never done before. The work was gruelling at times and tough. I enjoyed working with a large team on a very large fast pace construction site.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
away from home, work, work, work.
Good pay, good hours
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 November 2017
each day was different due to task changes and new Job locations, i learned a lot of handy skills that i use each day now to help make current jobs more successful, management was great, always there to tech and mentor, long days were the only hard part of the job
the people you meet and there stories were the most enjoyable part
Pros
good pay
fast paced
General laborer, Skip operator (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT16 October 2017
Enjoyed working for Clark, Learned to work with many different sub contractors. Well organized and delegated duties. provided us with all our proper safety gear. awesome benefits
Productive, exciting,good training
lots of good people
hard work
good to have
good experience
good career choice for trades people
Pros
good money, good hours, good people
Cons
can be long days, hard work
Positive work environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
It was a pleasure working as a Project Coordinator for Clark Builders. I felt that senior management allowed me to take on challenging tasks while offering mentorship to further my skills in a management position. Clark's culture and core values exceeded any I have encountered in the past.
Pros
Positive attitudes within the company
Cons
Training opportunities
People Centered Workplace
Carpenter Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Clark Builders is a great place to work and offers above average wages and benefits. The HR department and management are incredibly people orientated and genuinely care about the work force.
Pros
Excellent wages, incredible management
Cons
Might end up working away for longer shifts
fast paced environment
Journeyman Carpenter (Current Employee) –  edmomton24 April 2017
fun at times when your busy doing what you love other times very borrying and drag your feet type of work. the people you work around are awsome except for some of the supervisers.
Poor management
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Under staffed and over worked! Need to improve culture at CB. Management need to support better and better results will occur. Safety culture is just ok.
Pros
Free booze on Fridays!
Cons
low pay