Clarion Hotel by Choice Hotels

Clarion Hotel by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Love the work and dealing with public, being organized and doing the paperwork and computer work. Employees were inconsistently trained, by different people in different manners. Co-worker issues were unfairly dealt with. Schedules were unfairly made to allow for proper time off.
It is good yo work. But compare to others it is not thatmuch bad.but also not too good. Then also I enjoyed my work. I feel that the staff over there is good. Helping nature.
It was kind of boring due to the lack of work i didn't have to do but when i had work it was very interesting and kind of tough because of my lack of experience
the environment of the hotel and all was good. people you work with changes so that has nothing to do with he company. first day, got stuck in the service elevator waited all by myself for almost an hour. good place to work.
Great people to work with, very supportive management and friendly staff . Lots to learn and challenges, but very interesting place. Always something new going on.
I enjoyed working there. Its a good place to get your foot in the door if your looking for a career in the hospitality industry. i was very pleased with the amount of work and things I learned while working there.
The place is nice and modern. Good people to work with. I really enjoyed my time there!The hours were great and tips were decent. I really enjoy meeting new people from all over the world! Like any other job we got our little perks, birthday cake and such.
The Hotel was so run down with mold issues. Work hard for them and you were still expendable when they felt the need to get rid of someone. Promised that no one was to lose their jobs when it changed hands but over 50 people lost their jobs. Kept the low paid workers only...not even trained for the jobs yet. New owners now but the mold will still be in the walls. The roof leaked for several years.
Pros
its a job
Cons
mold, poor management
I would not recommend working there. I had a horrible experience at the end of my tenure there. Dishonest management. Claim to care about the experience at the property, but management never helps to rectify the issues or problems! No performance bonuses or raises.
Pros
FOH & BOH are amazing.
Cons
New Management. / No raises.
Its really great to work if Atlific is Managing the property and you are employed by Management company. Atlific is a profession management company and they have proper policy and procedure in place. Further they provide support and help when ever its required. They pay you good amount against of your work.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Work life balance but sometime required long hours too.
You start the night off by heading to the lunch room and wait for the 1st bus. Unload it, label the luggage with colour stickers and take it to their room. Then when they get there they usually look out for you and give a 5 dollar tip or so (those tips start adding up. like $70a night) then once you are done that bus you wait for the next in the lunch room or help out anybody else in the workplace because its nice to do so. rinse and repeat till the night ends
Pros
Free time, the night goes by fast
Cons
back pains from lifting heavy luggage
This hotel is an older one with 258 rooms available. Lots of rooms for conferences and banquets. Lots of parking available as well. Very clean and spacious.
They don’t care about their employees, they just want the job done. It doesn’t matter how many rooms they give you as long as they all get done. It’s extremely unorganized. They don’t order any product. There’s mold everywhere in the building. They just cover it up to ‘fix’ it. It’s beyond me how guests can still stay in that hotel. It’s very unsafe and it should be shut down if it’s not going to get renovated.
Cons
No raise - long hours - work you like a slave
Fun workplace and clean.. Good staff... Ive learned to enhanced my communication skills and gained more friends in the company... save money for my grandkids and to be able to learned new culture
Oppressive work environment. No positive feedback, only negative. LOVED the job, just couldn't handle being treated like a incompetent high school kid
Pros
Free access to pool and gym
Cons
Management, threats, long hours, minimum wage
Beautiful place its actually very sad how the owner doesn't seem to care bout the hotel hours are always guaranteed however there are no customers and i can see why as there is limited supply of beverages and the owner puts no thought nor care into it however fromi have seen the owner like banquets but warning to anyone taking that position the owner takes the gratuities but NEVER gives them to his staff that work their tails off for minimum wage but they cant say nothing cause they need the jobs so..... the place has issues is my reveiw serious issues and its sad cause its such a nice place
Cons
see above
You just don't want to work where... Management is insane, the drama and gossip that occurs between coworkers is unreasonable. Nobody knows how to do their job properly and no one was actually trained.
Pros
You can use the pool
Cons
Everything else
If you want to be a slave in a run down property with no protocol & structure, this is the job for you. Biased, discriminating & cheap fix management. Hope you got the message.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Set out bread baskets, carrying out h"orderves, cleaning the bar, doing room service. I learned how to do room service and handle phone calls for room service, I learned how to properly set out cutlery for banquets. The management was good. My coworkers were kind and helpful. There was no difficult tasks for me during my job. Enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and interacting with them.
Pros
Tips, Free lunch, Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
stressful at times
very busy ,fast pace,high demand on work times .staff very friendly ,owners good to work .I found the building a challenge but also rewarding
Good place to work. Management cares about there staff. Co - workers are great to work with. We all work collectively to achieve common goals of the business.