Claire's
Updates from Claire's:

Claire's Employee Reviews

Canada175 reviews
Na
Upper management is great in this area. Lots of room to grow. Head office doesn't always listen to feedback from store associates. Constant recovery to keep store clean, never a dull moment.
Fun workplace
had a good experience there. The manager was nice as well as the employees. I was taught a lot of things that helped me in the next jobs. I am glad I worked there.
the best experience ive had with a job ever
i love that at Claire's (despite the new shoe regulation of no uggs or mukluks) that we have the freedom to express ourselves in pretty well any way as long as its respectful. Colored hair, tattoos, piercings are welcome as long as its not offensive, you can dress up in outfits according to the seasons which is really fun and you can wear glitter, how often is it that you can wear that stuff, like never, unless its Halloween. It is a store that attracts alot of age groups so be prepared for alot of younger kids to late teens making their rounds which quite often they're left unattended without parents. the management is the best there, super friendly and willing to work around things and they dress beyond Claire's expectations and St. Albert has more enthusiasm than the other stores about the dressing up part.
outside the good there's always the bad, customers can make for stressful times because they are also parents dealing with their child at the same time while they're touching absolutely everything in the store and rarely do they listen, but they can also be very pleasant to deal with

I think its only a me thing because it was a very busy season when i started but i feel like the initial training for piercing ears could have been improved, the disc for that module and even all other training videos should be updated. it was unfortunate i felt kinda like i was tossed in there but i learnt very quickly and had no issues, later when it slowed down training was mostly corrected and worked on additionally which i appreciated.

There's always product coming in and needing
 - more...
Pros
advanced schedules, friendly staff, excellent managment, freedom of identity, on time pay, flexible
Cons
not enough hours for me personally, keeping an eye on young adults that come in groups cause they tend to pocket things.
Amazing place to work!
Always worried about you and your well being! As long as you are doing your work. Lovely work environment, flawless Manager! Clean, and safe environment always!
I learned a lot
Working as a LPN I am dedicated, hard worker, rendering quality care to resident. The staff, resident are nice. Every time I come to work I have lots of energy because I know everyday is a new day for all of us and making the resident happy with quality care it makes me happy as well.
nice job
If you like jewelry and girly things it's a nice job to have. They really push sales and customer service though, you have to inform every customer who walks in about the promotions.
The best job experience I ever had!
I was going through other reviews which most seemed pretty negative, and I feel extremely lucky to have worked at an amazing location with great management. My manager always ensured that everyone was fully and properly trained. Ear piercing training took about 2 weeks to fully complete. She always made sure that everybody was fully aware of any news, changes and/or new procedures. She did her best to ensure everyone recieved the amount of hours they wanted (I'm currently a student and she was always able to accommodate my schedule. She was also very understanding if I needed any time off). It was an extremely fun and positive environment to work in. When you first start working at Claire's it does seem like there is a lot to take in and learn, but I found the workload became way easier after about the first week. I was able to work with amazing, caring staff as well as interact and build relationships with all sorts of different customers. I really enjoyed being able to wear their products during shifts, it made the experience way more fun. I unfortunately had to recently resign after almost 4 years of being there due to moving, but I have to say it was one of the most positive job experiences I've ever had. I definitely made great memories with Claire's as their slogan says.
Pros
Fun work environment, fantastic staff, 50% discount on all products
Cons
Not much room to grow within the company, wouldn't reccomend to apply for full time (only manager and assistant manager get full time)
Problems visible by the first day of work
There were 6 staff that were employed when i was hired, of those there is one left. Trained as keyholder as staff resigned. Called in multiple days when not on call, training fluctuated with each staff member, transition from scrambling for staff on holidays to not enough hours the next. Sick days were not accepted, people forced in when visibly unwell or upset. People brought in from other stores were helpful and friendly. Staff discount is nice. Ear piercings are pushed, sales pitch to every customer, stock to be sorted. Unfortunate beginning and seems to have many issues still to be repaired. Be prepared for hour long breaks for the company to reduce hours.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Upper management and training
A fun store to work in and interact with customers.
Support from DM near none existent. Too many hurdles to get staff hired. A lot of updating needing to be done especially with the rise in cost of ear piercing and other products.
Environnement Agrèable et Amusant
Les produits sont très attrayant pour la clientèle, beaucoup de bonne affaire, on y trouve de quoi se faire plaisir.
fun workplace
i enjoyed everything about that job, great staff, fun to dress up, great teamwork, the birthday parties were fun to set up, good pay, flexible, good..
not enough hours
Fun and up beat place to work, but this location gets such little hours for the store to use so everyone is spread thin and there really is not much room for advancement or growth
Do not work here
if you are looking for endless days of stress and headaches this would be great for you! (I’m kidding, but sadly it’s true) Also, forget about getting home early or having weekends off (because the manager will always take the weekends off and the morning shifts and she will always make you close the store) management really sucks, you can really tell that they don’t have experience AT ALL when it comes to dealing with people (specially with their own staff), lack of training, you basically have to learn all by yourself, but be careful once you get good at the job because they will make you feel like trash because you are doing a good job (and it seems like they don’t want you to succeed). The job itself is not that bad but management really makes it hard to bear with. In my own experience, the manager was racist, unprofessional, and really bad at managing people, needless to say that she also sucked at customer service.

But if you’re looking for something extra, for just few hours a week, you’re good to go.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Productive, relaxed, people friendly environment.
Working at claire's is a pretty easy job, it very laid back. Minimum work. I would like to find somwhere that could keep me more occupied and show me new experiences.
Pros
In the mall, very convienent.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Really fun place to work, and not overly stressful
Claire's was one of the best jobs I've ever had. It was a really fun work environment, and the management and coworkers were super great and nice as well. There was no judgement for asking too many questions, or not knowing something. It's a very straight-forward job that is easy to get a hang of, and honestly, everything I thought might be intimidating ended up being pretty simple and easy to get used to! The dress code was really laid back, which is always a bonus. Dressing fun and trendy was encouraged. (You also get a 50% discount working there, which is awesome!)
Productive, fast paced.
A typical day at work defers each day with all of the different tasks and customers. There are different duties that need to be done such as: Planogram, organizing and cleaning the store, ear piercings, inventory, stock, scheduling, etc. With all the proper time management they are capable of getting done with the help of your associates.
Hardest part of the job is having to deal with angry customers and returns. Claire takes pride in their "be the hero" unwritten policy. You do as the customer wants even if it says in our written policy that we can't because it means more to them for the customer to have a great experience rather than following the strict policy.
Great place
Absolutely love working there,
Management is absolutely amazing, those ladies are incredible and very hard working!

It’s a fast past job especially back to school and Christmas time.

Overall I loved working there
10/10 review
Absolutely love working there, if there was enough hours to keep me I’d love love love to stay and make it my career!!
Do not recommend
Terrible management very unorganized doesnt have realistic expectation and way to much drama and no consistency and kinda racist towards same gender and race or ethnicity
Staff and management are amazing
Be prepared to pierce ears it’s a big part of the job.

It’s a fast past job especially back to school and Christmas time.

Overall I loved working there
Ear piercing
I have worked at 2 different Claire’s locations, the one I worked at the longest, had absolutely NO TRAINING for ear piercing. I live in the Toronto area and ear piercing can be very high pr, so for Claire’s since it’s free, we get many clients because of that. My friend has never gotten her ears pierced and she got them at Claire’s done by my fellow worker, and her ears bleed every now and then or get infected. I would highly recommend to not get your ears pierced at Claire’s, or the employees could get more training.