Clair de Lune Employee Reviews

Worst job ever
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario25 April 2019
The manager at the carling wood location is a backstabbing two faced passive aggressive snake
She can’t manage the store and is a horrible person to work for she plays favorites with the employees and talks behind people’s backs she is dishonest and catty and unprofessional and rude and sucks at her job
Pros
None except the customers
Cons
The whole company
Awful operations
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2019
Company refuses to put anyone in a well-earned position due to age, will overwork and underpay their staff and dangle advancement opportunities like carrots on a racehorse and find a replacement right under your feet. Head office will do almost anything to cover themselves from legal pursuits. 100% unreliable management. Do not work here.
Cons
Management, Corporate
Not a reliable workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2019
my store was supposed to close at the end of january , we all signed a contract saying we would receive a bonus and a reference letter for staying until the end. not only did they close at the beginning of January ,but both managers didn't tell the staff until two days before. It's now the end of january and no bonuses or reference letters have been given out.

while we were open the hours were slim and management was poorly trained so no one knew what was going on. it was a relatively chill work environment when you were working alone, but unless you have a second job there's no way you can support yourself working here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no hours, poor management, lack of communication
Boring, low wage work, with condescending higher ups
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
This is a typical retail job where the day to day work isn't so bad at all, just regular customer service. The issues with working for this company is the absolute neglect their workers. My district manager has repeatedly spoke down to us and is just generally mean. This isn't anything personal, they're even rude to the store manager. The store location doesn't have extreme high volume like I've had working other places and the district manager talks down to everyone of sales are not as expected. They demand employees to go above and beyond but do not give the respect or the pay for it. There is a lack of hours, however they expect employees to have open availability, knowing it is impossible to make a livable wage working solely in the company, especially as a part-timer. The employee discount is pathetic, we're better off getting the regular store sales prices. The most enjoyable part is my coworkers.
Pros
Slow, coworkers
Cons
Boring, rude district manager and higher ups, employee discount, hours
Not Great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
The management (both store and upper) was not good.

My store was closed with 2 months notice and I was worked to the bone.

Manager would sit in the back room for a full shift, only coming out to send me to get coffee or if the DM came around.

The pay was awful and there were no incentives.

Honestly, take anything good from a company and flip it on its head. This place is bad. I would not reccommend.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 October 2018
They are very positive and caring. All the employees become friends and care about each other's mental health and well being. The environment is like a sisterhood.
environnement de travail agréable
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC3 September 2018
Clair de lune est un environnement de travail très agréable où il est facile de s'intégrer.
Good customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 June 2018
Great management, good co workers, however the store was crowded. Great customers, steady hours and awesome deals great little Nic Nacala all over too look at
Cons
Was only seasonal
Nice place
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario3 April 2018
It's a really great place to work at with all the people and the customers there are really nice to, the ones I've had the privilege to serve. I would really recommend working here
Possitif
Conseillère en ventes (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC20 March 2018
Tres bonne apprentissage, avec de bon soutien. Je recommande !
Not trustworthy
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 March 2018
It's an easy paycheck, sure. But the company isn't very trustworthy. They often close down with no real notice. People only work here for a few months at most and then move on to something more stable.
Pros
Easy money, nice coworkers
Cons
Closes with only a month's notice, hours not guaranteed
It was okay overall
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2018
management was the reason why I left this job.it made me feel stressed and worried about my job and if I would get fired. You can tell that the manager picked favourites and I would often feel left out and picked on. some of the things said to me was very inappropriate and unfair. I really liked my co-workers probably the best I've ever had in all my work experience. and I did like the actual store and atmosphere a lot which is the reason why I didn't want to leave. If the management was better this job would have been perfect. its very unfortunate.
Pros
co workers, great training
Cons
Management, too much free time
Alot kd pressure ti sell
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC28 January 2018
Too much pressure to sell, not open to new ideas. Stressful place to work. Motivate sales with incentives etc.... ........................... ........
Productive workplace
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2017
Productive workplace,Completed daily accounting tasks. Balancing of Accounts payable and Accounts receivable
Prepared cash deposits, invoices
Performed monthly bank reconciliation. Daily filing
ambiance et environnement de travail
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 October 2017
Clair de lune est une bonne entreprise dont grâce à ton bon travail, les superviseurs et supérieur reconnaissent ton travail. Le respect entre travailleur est présent.
bon travail
Entretien ménager et travail général (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 July 2017
assez facile a executer comme travail, horaire flexible
Pros
horaires
Cons
pauses
Belle équipe !
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 July 2017
J'ai beaucoup appris sur la vente, Travail assez tranquille, Équipe jeune et amicale donc assez le fun dans un milieu de travail. Malgré ma belle expérience dans cet emploi, j'aurais aimé que les superviseurs nous aurais averti dès le début la date de fermeture u magasin, et non 1 mois avant sa fermeture. Également, pas beaucoup de travail (parfait pour job étudiant, mais pas pendant les vacances/congés).
Pros
Bonne ambiance d'équipe, Équipe jeune et amicale
Cons
Fermeture soudaine du magasin, Pas beaucoup d'heures
producstive and a fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 July 2017
i enjoy working with the people that are there, i enjoy the customer service and helping them picking the right product or gift for them and making sure they are satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
customer service
Cons
not enough hours
Not the best job but was good for a paycheck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
Worked there as an assistant for 2 years. Never got raises the manager was horrible and lazy . The benefits suck and so did the pay and the hours.nothing really good about the job except some of the staff .

Never got any of the bonuses that were supposed to come and the goals are outrages so there was no way to make them
Cons
Long hours bad pay
okay for the moment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2017
the work life there was satisfactory, i didn't feel like it was a job where i could see myself working there long term. i did find favouritism among co workers but overall a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clair de Lune. Our community is ready to answer.