Clair de Lune

Clair de Lune Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Nice place to work, friendly outgoing people, customer service is great. Management is friendly and easy to communicate with. Home office great to deal with.
La district manager venait nous voir et elle s'assoyait par terre en arrière du comptoir. Devant les clients. Elle manquait de classe et de tact envers nous. Elle nous stressait au lieu de nous encourager. L'ambiance était mal saine.
Pros
Belle chose à vendre
Cons
Aucune reconnaisance
The worst job , The district manager is very rude comes in when your alone and tells u off for everything that the management did wrong or yells at u because the garbage wasn't taken out but would only allow 1 person to work so u couldn't leave , the abuse of this women was brutal
Environnement agréable, malgré le fait d'avoir l'impression d'être comme des robots ... sauter sur le client n'est pas la meilleure technique d'approche, mais c'est leur politique.
La superviseur qui recrute est vraiment top

les directrices de magasin s'entraident entre elles

mais au niveau de la direction (siège social) je ne dirais rien ;)
Environment de travail est agreeable. Une journee de travail typique est trop occupee.
They hired me as a Store Manager. First day on the job and was told they gave my job to someone else. I gave up my position as a store manager. At the end of the first day they were calling me and hired me as a store manager.
I had an extremely bad experience with the District manager as well as the head office. The job itself I enjoyed and the staff i worked with was great. However the DM is very rude to her employee and the head office does nothing to show support to staff complaining. The DM was degrating, bullying, harassing and straight up mean. I would never recommend this company especially in the city of Ottawa.
Bon points :
- Produits agréable

- Service client intéressant

- Ambiance très le fun avec l'équipe!

Mauvais points

- Beaucoup trop d'écart entre les attentes de la compagnie en général et de la réalité en magasin

- Conditions salarials et horaires à réviser

- Manque d'encouragements de la part des personnes au dessus de nous

- Manque déployés
Worked there for a year and a half as a Manager but I would've stayed there for years if it wasnt for the cons listed below.
Pros:

-Store smells and looks fantastic

-Customers loved coming in and gave great comments

-District manager was so supportive..really great person!

-Good bonuses for full time employees

-Christmas time is amazing there

Cons:

-Hard to find reliable/good staff at minimum wage

-Have to be available all the time on your cell

-Merchandising of stock and shelves 1 to 3 times a week(makes no sense)

-They should let managers choose what they need for their stores.

-Hours getting cut was making employees feeling very down

-Lack of employees on floor made it hard to fully help customers(too much to do but not enough hour budget)

-No in store bathrooms so gotta lock the store up to go in the mall. Can lose many sales in 10-15 minutes
Pros
Store smells and looks so goood!
Cons
Bad logistics, require merchandising too often.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clair de Lune?
The manager at the carling wood location is a backstabbing two faced passive aggressive snake
She can’t manage the store and is a horrible person to work for she plays favorites with the employees and talks behind people’s backs she is dishonest and catty and unprofessional and rude and sucks at her job
Pros
None except the customers
Cons
The whole company
Family based environment
Retail payroll was bi-weekly very flexible to take time off work

Flexible work schedule

fun environments

Payroll was simple
Pros
Flexible work scedule
Cons
Too far of a commute
Company refuses to put anyone in a well-earned position due to age, will overwork and underpay their staff and dangle advancement opportunities like carrots on a racehorse and find a replacement right under your feet. Head office will do almost anything to cover themselves from legal pursuits. 100% unreliable management. Do not work here.
Cons
Management, Corporate
my store was supposed to close at the end of january , we all signed a contract saying we would receive a bonus and a reference letter for staying until the end. not only did they close at the beginning of January ,but both managers didn't tell the staff until two days before. It's now the end of january and no bonuses or reference letters have been given out.

while we were open the hours were slim and management was poorly trained so no one knew what was going on. it was a relatively chill work environment when you were working alone, but unless you have a second job there's no way you can support yourself working here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no hours, poor management, lack of communication
This is a typical retail job where the day to day work isn't so bad at all, just regular customer service. The issues with working for this company is the absolute neglect their workers. My district manager has repeatedly spoke down to us and is just generally mean. This isn't anything personal, they're even rude to the store manager. The store location doesn't have extreme high volume like I've had working other places and the district manager talks down to everyone of sales are not as expected. They demand employees to go above and beyond but do not give the respect or the pay for it. There is a lack of hours, however they expect employees to have open availability, knowing it is impossible to make a livable wage working solely in the company, especially as a part-timer. The employee discount is pathetic, we're better off getting the regular store sales prices. The most enjoyable part is my coworkers.
Pros
Slow, coworkers
Cons
Boring, rude district manager and higher ups, employee discount, hours
The management (both store and upper) was not good.

My store was closed with 2 months notice and I was worked to the bone.

Manager would sit in the back room for a full shift, only coming out to send me to get coffee or if the DM came around.

The pay was awful and there were no incentives.

Honestly, take anything good from a company and flip it on its head. This place is bad. I would not reccommend.
They are very positive and caring. All the employees become friends and care about each other's mental health and well being. The environment is like a sisterhood.
Clair de lune est un environnement de travail très agréable où il est facile de s'intégrer.
Great management, good co workers, however the store was crowded. Great customers, steady hours and awesome deals great little Nic Nacala all over too look at
Cons
Was only seasonal
It's a really great place to work at with all the people and the customers there are really nice to, the ones I've had the privilege to serve. I would really recommend working here
Tres bonne apprentissage, avec de bon soutien. Je recommande !
It's an easy paycheck, sure. But the company isn't very trustworthy. They often close down with no real notice. People only work here for a few months at most and then move on to something more stable.
Pros
Easy money, nice coworkers
Cons
Closes with only a month's notice, hours not guaranteed