ClaimsPro LP Employee Reviews for Adjuster

Performance is rewarded.
Independent Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2018
Management team is overall fantastic. If you can prove you "have the stuff" you are left to your own devices to handle your Workload as you see fit. Very little micromanagement. That being said, standards are high. Colleagues are knowledgeable and friendly and happy to help when you're in need. VP demonstrates concern for employees on a regular and ongoing basis and provides support where needed.

Opportunities for learning in other roles are there if you ask and the company is genuinely and truly concerned with staff retention and internal advancement. You do need to be a "go-getter". Complaceny doesn't fare well and you won't see much opportunity if you try to skate by and do the bare minimum. Salary is negotiable and you are not confined to an arbitrary grid system. You get what you're worth so long as you demonstrate the worth.

The workload can be hectic (it is claims, to be expected) and benefits are sub-par.
Pros
Management, opportunity for growth and learning, colleagues, authority to make decisions, positive work environment
Cons
Work can (not always) get crazy, benefits could be improved
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Accident Benefits Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2018
Claimspro provided excellent training and was a great career starting company.
The hardest part of the job was the commute, and the most enjoyable were the colleagues and workload.
Great Company to work for
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 April 2017
I have worked for ClaimsPro for almost 10 years and it is a great company to work for. A typical day at work is very busy handling claims in a very big territory.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Experience depends on where you work within the company
adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Not all roles within the company are identical nor do they deliver the same experience, good or bad. I can't speak for all employees of the company, however my own experience was positive in the beginning... however as time went on it became apparent that in my area of expertise, there is no such thing as good enough or satisfactory. The job has to be its' own reward or it's not worth it. The pay is below industry standard, the expectations are unreasonable and unless you are in with management, you are not appreciated no matter how hard you work or how much effort you put in.

The people I worked with made the day to day worth while, and I enjoyed the challenge, but the only way you can keep up with the work load is to work over time, for free, without the reward of extra pay or even a thank-you from management.

It didn't help that the company within a six month period announced a raise / hiring freeze to all staff for a full year, and then six months later held a Company wide, webinar seminar presented by the President boasting about how the profits were bigger than ever that year and the following year was expected to be even better.

Those who quit are very slowly replaced, while the work load left gets spread among the few left behind to try to manage and keep clients happy.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced work environment.
Cons
Too much work, too few employees - over time a must to keep up with stats, reports and file maintenance
Road Adjuster
Property Road Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2015
Customer service
attend locations for justification of claims
review invoices
dictate reports
report to examiners
review coverage
assist other adjusters
Independent Claims Adjuster
Independent Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2014
adjusted claims as an Independent for various insurance companies as per assignment.
The overall company is good, the Grande Prairie office could use changes
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 December 2012
contacting new clients, attending property losses, meeting with insured's and third parties, answering calls & emails, working proactively on existing files. I learned invaluable skills such as time management, organization, dispute resolution. My coworkers were excellent. Management in the head office was supportive. The hardest part of my job was coming to terms that everything could not be done in a day and the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and my coworkers.
Very flexible as an IA
Independent adjuster- Accident Benefits (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2012
Initially was very busy prior to the new legislation changes in the AB world. Work started to taper off from the insurance companies and workflow started to become scarce as an IA. I needed to make a move where job security was a factor.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security