CLAC Union

CLAC Union Work-life balance reviews

Canada34 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Enjoyable place to work, caring work environment.

CLAC has a work environment that allows for staff to manage their own time, this allowed me to accomplish many great things as well as look after unplanned events throughout the day. I was able to learn from my colleagues and create strong relationships, both within the organization and with those I worked with on behalf of CLAC. Our workplace culture was professional and also allowed for good work/life balance. There were many challenges within my role as Program Manager however I enjoyed all aspects of the job. I specifically enjoyed travelling throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan, working with Indigenous communities to provide Pre-Employment programs and help successful participants gain meaningful employment opportunities. I also attended many events across North America representing CLAC and the SIAC, as we continue to work together towards improving scaffold training across Canada, and to ensure that the training is available to both CLAC members and non-members alike. Overall I have very good memories working at CLAC and am proud of all of our accomplishments to date.

Pros

Travel

Clac

Good working environment Great co workers Training provided Good balance work-life Great schedule Opportunity to advance Good management Work by yourself or within a team

Insights into CLAC Union

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Hard-Working and Dedicated Staff

I've worked for CLAC for 4 years and during that time I have watched our dedicated staff strive for work life balance for all of our members. CLAC provides amazing benefits, pension, vacation time and various other benefits to our members and to staff. The culture at CLAC is amazing and my coworkers are hard working.

Interesting work, great workplace community

I have had the opportunity to work in a few different roles and departments at this organization. For the most part, I have found the work interesting, challenging and rewarding. The workplace community has been supportive and there have been opportunities for growth and development. The salary and benefits are very competitive. All in all, this is a great employer.

Pros

Workplace culture

Meaningful work with great team

I intentionally sought out employment with an organization that I could partner with their vision and purpose. CLAC has been that place for me. I've witnessed and been a part of the work they do; it's significant, and makes a difference in the lives of everyday workers. Bonus - the team is a great bunch to work with!

Pros

Meaningful work, positive work culture, professional growth, work-life balance

Cons

Advancement can be limited

Works hard for its members - special organization

Every job is going to have it's challenges but CLAC tries hard to support and lift up its members. Staff are passionate about what they do and care for the well-being of others. Salary, benefits, work-life balance and culture are all good and the staff are very friendly.

Pros

Working on projects that help others

Cons

Hard to please everyone

Productive and fun workplace, with table tennis

CLAC provides a challenging band exciting place to work. The team environment, where everyone is working togehter and helping each other is great. Last minute projects crop up all the time. It makes life interesting and makes the job exciting. There is also table tennis!

Pros

Remote working, team environment, table tennis

Cons

ability to advance varies based on department and management

It was interesting working for a Union

Not a lot of room for advancement, enjoyed the time I had there. Amazing group of colleagues, management is not well trained unfortunately. A lot of room for them to grow their work culture into a more positive one.

Fun

Fun, Great Education and Opportunities for anybody who loves to learn new things on a day to day basis. Most Projects can be very challenging, rewarding depending on how committed you are to yourself to help contribute to CLAC Success.

Pros

Union

Cons

Supply and Demand

100% Chance of Conflict with a Slight Chance for Advancement

You are paid well for challenging work. Opportunity for good internal work relationships. Access to good resources to perform your work. Limited advancement opportunities.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities

Amazing job location, pleasure to work there. The camp needs work

Up at 5pm on bus by 6 pm start work at 7pm. start the shift with a tool box meeting an a small safety talk then be given work scope and crews for the night. learned how to work safe in an open pit mine. not to happy with management, they needed work. coworkers were great like always there are some you can do without but you take what you get and work with it. hardest part of job was to stay awake during your shift. also not to take short cuts just to get the work done. best part of job for me was seeing all the pieces moved and assembled and operational again. without injury.

Pros

lots of swag

Cons

menu at lodge needed improvement, activities for workers during time off were nil.

Good organization, terrible workload

A terrible work-life balance. Long, late hours. Great colleagues, great principles, but the majority of your time will be spent being sworn at. In some cases, you may even experience threats and intimidation from rival unions.

Pros

good wages, great colleagues.

Cons

terrible work life balance, emotionally exhausting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLAC Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement