CLAC Union

CLAC Union Job security & advancement reviews

Canada34 reviews

Clear
3.3Job security & advancement

Enjoyable place to work, caring work environment.

CLAC has a work environment that allows for staff to manage their own time, this allowed me to accomplish many great things as well as look after unplanned events throughout the day. I was able to learn from my colleagues and create strong relationships, both within the organization and with those I worked with on behalf of CLAC. Our workplace culture was professional and also allowed for good work/life balance. There were many challenges within my role as Program Manager however I enjoyed all aspects of the job. I specifically enjoyed travelling throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan, working with Indigenous communities to provide Pre-Employment programs and help successful participants gain meaningful employment opportunities. I also attended many events across North America representing CLAC and the SIAC, as we continue to work together towards improving scaffold training across Canada, and to ensure that the training is available to both CLAC members and non-members alike. Overall I have very good memories working at CLAC and am proud of all of our accomplishments to date.

Pros

Travel

Clac

Good working environment Great co workers Training provided Good balance work-life Great schedule Opportunity to advance Good management Work by yourself or within a team

Insights into CLAC Union

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

A typical work day

As receptionist you are responsible to the greeting of customers and overseeing that general office tasks are completed each day. I had some amazing co-workers who really valued their jobs and had incredible work ethics.

Interesting work, great workplace community

I have had the opportunity to work in a few different roles and departments at this organization. For the most part, I have found the work interesting, challenging and rewarding. The workplace community has been supportive and there have been opportunities for growth and development. The salary and benefits are very competitive. All in all, this is a great employer.

Pros

Workplace culture

Meaningful work with great team

I intentionally sought out employment with an organization that I could partner with their vision and purpose. CLAC has been that place for me. I've witnessed and been a part of the work they do; it's significant, and makes a difference in the lives of everyday workers. Bonus - the team is a great bunch to work with!

Pros

Meaningful work, positive work culture, professional growth, work-life balance

Cons

Advancement can be limited

Works hard for its members - special organization

Every job is going to have it's challenges but CLAC tries hard to support and lift up its members. Staff are passionate about what they do and care for the well-being of others. Salary, benefits, work-life balance and culture are all good and the staff are very friendly.

Pros

Working on projects that help others

Cons

Hard to please everyone

Not a "union"

Horrible organization, does nothing to support workers advancement or address their health and safety concerns in the workplace. CLAC will always side with the employer. I had no expectations in the beginning and left completely disappointed. I would rather work non union and deal with an employer directly than work through CLAC. I don't recommend their organization at all.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this so called "Christian" affiliated so called union

It was interesting working for a Union

Not a lot of room for advancement, enjoyed the time I had there. Amazing group of colleagues, management is not well trained unfortunately. A lot of room for them to grow their work culture into a more positive one.

Fun

Fun, Great Education and Opportunities for anybody who loves to learn new things on a day to day basis. Most Projects can be very challenging, rewarding depending on how committed you are to yourself to help contribute to CLAC Success.

Pros

Union

Cons

Supply and Demand

100% Chance of Conflict with a Slight Chance for Advancement

You are paid well for challenging work. Opportunity for good internal work relationships. Access to good resources to perform your work. Limited advancement opportunities.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities

Great company

I loved working here. Great family! Good benefits and lots of opportunity. The intern program each summer is an experience that would benefit many students.

good

good union to work for. your not put on a waiting list and given a number on that list for waiting for work. your resume speaks for its self which is a great idea.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLAC Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement