CLAC Union

CLAC Union Culture reviews

Canada34 reviews

Clear

Enjoyable place to work, caring work environment.

CLAC has a work environment that allows for staff to manage their own time, this allowed me to accomplish many great things as well as look after unplanned events throughout the day. I was able to learn from my colleagues and create strong relationships, both within the organization and with those I worked with on behalf of CLAC. Our workplace culture was professional and also allowed for good work/life balance. There were many challenges within my role as Program Manager however I enjoyed all aspects of the job. I specifically enjoyed travelling throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan, working with Indigenous communities to provide Pre-Employment programs and help successful participants gain meaningful employment opportunities. I also attended many events across North America representing CLAC and the SIAC, as we continue to work together towards improving scaffold training across Canada, and to ensure that the training is available to both CLAC members and non-members alike. Overall I have very good memories working at CLAC and am proud of all of our accomplishments to date.

Pros

Travel

Hard-Working and Dedicated Staff

I've worked for CLAC for 4 years and during that time I have watched our dedicated staff strive for work life balance for all of our members. CLAC provides amazing benefits, pension, vacation time and various other benefits to our members and to staff. The culture at CLAC is amazing and my coworkers are hard working.

Insights into CLAC Union

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Interesting work, great workplace community

I have had the opportunity to work in a few different roles and departments at this organization. For the most part, I have found the work interesting, challenging and rewarding. The workplace community has been supportive and there have been opportunities for growth and development. The salary and benefits are very competitive. All in all, this is a great employer.

Pros

Workplace culture

Meaningful work with great team

I intentionally sought out employment with an organization that I could partner with their vision and purpose. CLAC has been that place for me. I've witnessed and been a part of the work they do; it's significant, and makes a difference in the lives of everyday workers. Bonus - the team is a great bunch to work with!

Pros

Meaningful work, positive work culture, professional growth, work-life balance

Cons

Advancement can be limited

Works hard for its members - special organization

Every job is going to have it's challenges but CLAC tries hard to support and lift up its members. Staff are passionate about what they do and care for the well-being of others. Salary, benefits, work-life balance and culture are all good and the staff are very friendly.

Pros

Working on projects that help others

Cons

Hard to please everyone

It was interesting working for a Union

Not a lot of room for advancement, enjoyed the time I had there. Amazing group of colleagues, management is not well trained unfortunately. A lot of room for them to grow their work culture into a more positive one.

good

very good union ,I had a good time on work and with my co workers , the hardest part of job was highs which we working .the most enjoyable part of work was building

Fun place to work with excellent co-workers

This was a great learning experience and place to grow. The people I worked with were all extremely friendly and willing to help or teach whenever there was time. Management was very accommodating with appointments or if family things came up, and the whole team was very supportive.

Pros

Awesome team, well established.

Cons

Distance from my home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLAC Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement