Civeo

Civeo Employee Reviews

Canada158 reviews
Decent job
Decent enough job just remember In their eyes you are just a number. As a multimillion dollar company they don't care about their employees just the money they make them. Dont bother doing over time to help out your management team as in the long run you're just another number.
Good Team Environment
The teams at the front lines are amazing to be a part of, but it is a hire and fire culture from upper management. Hard to get buy-in from people when they know they are disposable
productive and good place to work
One day could be a normal day the next could be crazy, depended on whether we got a influx of people coming in. Generally it was a good place to work.
Compensation is competitive but job security is low and culture is poor.
There is a high demand on salaried employees and not much work life balance. There is an expectation to be available 24/7. As they are very tied to the oil sector, Job security is only as good as the price of oil.
good work-place
DISH-WASHING, 10 hour shifts. fun, steady paced, casual atmosphere.
4 to 5 persons working per ten hour shift. 15 minute breaks, with a halfhour lunch break.
Calm workplace
Very nice company. Good benefits. They are very concerned with their staffs. They giving the needs and important to every person.

They are very sensitive in health and safety of all the workers and guests living in the camp.
Nepotism Management
The company was good until they change CEO and Executive management. It’s not what you know anymore, it’s more like who you know in the Executive level.
Great place to work. Guest are amazing
Great place to work but is very short term. Work for a bit then layed off. Fasted paced, lots to do. Very accommodating to guests. Some employees do bully when reported nothing is done. Housekeeping office staff very nice and helpful.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Civeo?
Productive and A fun workplace Gym Ammenties and Pool Tables to whind down your day
Civeo for me was a Exciting place to work. The diversity nd Ethnicity was a learning process.(language barrier) But I was both pleased and Happy with my interactions with Everyone
great place to work and save money cus when your in camp you cant spend it unless you shop online.
some camps are nice and some are like prison. The people you work with make a big difference in that and can make it enjoyable or not if it is a small or big camp. Rotations are hard for some ppl, if you are in a new relationship it is going to be hard to have loved ones so far away and out of touch. If you are single it is great to just work on yourself while making lots of over time working, they always have a gym and healthy menu options for any diet restrictions. Most camps are strict with employees going outside other than for smokes or garbage tasks and have locked gates to limit traffic. Most camps restrict travel in and out so no one can just leave at any time, they must stay until the travel day arrives and a bus takes people in and out.
If you want to work your way up you can it is a great company for that as the turn over can be high due to people getting burnt out from working so much and they are always opning new camps and moving camps and closing them down so they want people moved in and out fast so you can get the call for an interview and asked to hop on the bus for 3 weeks with a days notice.
Pros
free food while in camp, free gym, pool tables, ping pong, foose ball and free internet
Cons
long hours, far from home, restricted travel
steady work
Lots to do on your time off. They have an exercise area to work out in. Internet, cable, food 24 hours a day, a small refrigerator for my insulin. The people I worked with knew their stuff and was willing to give a hand when needed.
Waste of time
At Red Table, they care about their shareholders more than their employees. I was laid off with no heads up at all, the production manager only got her job because her father has a high position with the company so they only look at connections and not experience. They are also not unionized which makes them treat the works however they want, pushing the limits on what’s legal.
Poorly managed
This rating is based on a non-union role. My experience with this company right from the start has been based on inequality, unfairness and the unwillingness to listen to or deal with issues.
Good experience
Good experience, would def go back if offered another position
Staff was friendly and professional

The overall layout was great, nice clean kitchens and dining rooms, the staff take pride in their work
good job experience.
Overall good job experience. I would recommend to anyone to work there.
Good benefits and work and life balance. Good safety culture. No job security. no job growth.
very good
love it i like to work over here its my pleasure and this is my opportunities and i have fun to work with u guys i like you environments its my pleasure to with u guys..
Fast paced, interesting.
Great management, good support, lots of trouble shooting and decision making, procedures, and project management are all rite in my wheel house. would work there again,
Not interested in people
The management make a lot of talk about being interested in their people, Really not true, they do not work with people to help them or set up the company to keep people employed, you are used and tossed soon as they need to make their budget for end year.
Fast pace environment
Work force housing industry is a volatile industry. hard to find qualify staff.
Civeo has gone thru many ups and downs in recent years. very to gain traction.
Been here 10 years
Great place to work, get along great with management as well as staff...Diverse work regiment, and chance for advancement. Good wages and benefits...Job security is good, but, in this new world nothing is guaranteed.
I would recommend civeo to anyone to work for. I really enjoy my job here.
Great Experience
It was a great place to work, focus on work life balance, some travel, learned a lot about the remote lodging, food and hospitality business. The standards and care for safety was above and beyond normal standards, it was team environment.