City of Woodstock

Working at City of Woodstock: 6 City of Woodstock Reviews

Canada6 reviews

Enjoyable outdoor work, good team, but poor pay

I worked as a contractor helping with traffic flow, safety and security during a number of Woodstock public events. Most of these events had me working alongside Woodstock police auxiliaries and city workers, and I never had a bad experience with anyone I was working with. The parade organisers and city officials were nice enough to buy us boxes of donuts and a large jug of coffee while we were managing the Christmas parade for long hours on a particularly cold night. Generally, you'll be working with fantastic people and it's a very rewarding experience to be able to give back to your community.Pay could be better and hasn't quite adjusted to meet the cost of living, but the work is enjoyable.

Pros

Considerate management, good coworkers, fun work

Cons

Low pay, working outdoors in harsh weather

Transit operator

To many lead hands for 6 full time staff and 24 part time operators, no chance at full time job here. Management is very weak in this department and doesn't follow the contract, they make up the rules as they go along. Harassment and bullying by management is a regular occurance and nothing gets done because operators are afraid of losing their job.

Pros

Awesome drivers

Cons

management

Insights into City of Woodstock

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Wonderful team

I had the experience of working under one of the best bosses I have ever had while here. Although there was little room for advancement (it is often due to seniority for full time positions), there are opportunities to work with wonderful people in a great team environment. There are truly some great people who work at City of Woodstock who care about their work and their community.

Pros

great team, reasonable hours, pay is reasonable.

Cons

a lot of part-time positions

Fun place to work outside.

This was a student position I obtained and worked at during the summer months in 2011 and 12. I was on the lawn crew and the forestry crew sometimes also. We cleared trails and cut the city parks and ball diamonds. It was an enjoyable experience and I had the opportunity to work with other college students from various institutions across the province.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Very hot days sometimes.

great work environment,fun,interesting

My typical day at work was i picked up recycling bins and dumped it in the garbage trucks i learned i like working outside in the elements and i like to work with my hands. I am outgoing but hard working and dedicated to the task at hand. Me and my co-workers and management all have a friendly but professional relationship which made the workplace a calm and friendly but professional work environment. I found the hardest part of the job was some of the bins where heavy to load but i enjoy challenging myself and learning new skills and tasks at work.

Pros

working as a team made a great environment to work in

Excellent Work Environment

A typical day includes meeting with supervisor, discussing responsibilities for the day and then completing assigned work. Management and co-workers are very respectful. I have learned how staff work together to create an environment for the public to come and enjoy our Community Complex. Co-workers and managers help to make the job enjoyable.

Pros

Hours of work, wage

Cons

There aren't any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Woodstock. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

City of Woodstock reviews by location

Learn about City of Woodstock in popular locations