City of Woodstock logo
City of Woodstock

City of Woodstock Employee Reviews

Job security & advancement

Wonderful team

I had the experience of working under one of the best bosses I have ever had while here. Although there was little room for advancement (it is often due to seniority for full time positions), there are opportunities to work with wonderful people in a great team environment. There are truly some great people who work at City of Woodstock who care about their work and their community.

Pros

great team, reasonable hours, pay is reasonable.

Cons

a lot of part-time positions

Transit operator

To many lead hands for 6 full time staff and 24 part time operators, no chance at full time job here. Management is very weak in this department and doesn't follow the contract, they make up the rules as they go along. Harassment and bullying by management is a regular occurance and nothing gets done because operators are afraid of losing their job.

Pros

Awesome drivers

Cons

management

Fun place to work outside.

This was a student position I obtained and worked at during the summer months in 2011 and 12. I was on the lawn crew and the forestry crew sometimes also. We cleared trails and cut the city parks and ball diamonds. It was an enjoyable experience and I had the opportunity to work with other college students from various institutions across the province.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Very hot days sometimes.

great work environment,fun,interesting

My typical day at work was i picked up recycling bins and dumped it in the garbage trucks i learned i like working outside in the elements and i like to work with my hands. I am outgoing but hard working and dedicated to the task at hand. Me and my co-workers and management all have a friendly but professional relationship which made the workplace a calm and friendly but professional work environment. I found the hardest part of the job was some of the bins where heavy to load but i enjoy challenging myself and learning new skills and tasks at work.

Pros

working as a team made a great environment to work in

Excellent Work Environment

A typical day includes meeting with supervisor, discussing responsibilities for the day and then completing assigned work. Management and co-workers are very respectful. I have learned how staff work together to create an environment for the public to come and enjoy our Community Complex. Co-workers and managers help to make the job enjoyable.

Pros

Hours of work, wage

Cons

There aren't any.

Jobs at City of Woodstock