CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

Productive workplace with great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2013
Typical Day
A typical day of work started at 7am with a meeting and discussion of the work to be done, a drive to the site, safety audit, and working until around 1pm at which point we took lunch. After lunch we cleaned up the site and drove back to the yard for around 3pm, or just after, unless there was approved overtime available.

What I learned
I learned how to repair roads, sidewalks and curbs. Framing, dismantling, and finishing concrete. I also did asphalt work when required.

Excellent management that will always work with you to explain expectations and work through interpersonal conflict between employees respectfully and professionally.

Co-Workers
For the most my co-workers were great, there were a few egos here and there but generally once a positive work ethic was displayed an individual didn't seem to have too many problems at work.

Hardest part of the job
Id say teaching new employees or employees from other departments how to work in street maintenance while meeting the expectations and time frames was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Amazing salary and benefits, straight forward expectations, good people.
Cons
seasonal indefinitely, short construction season.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

good coworkers
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Manitoba4 April 2018
my coworkers are great but the city will not offer my full time job only annual contracts. The work environment is relaxed and easy. There is no lunch room.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no lunch room, contract work
Don't rock the boat
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Manitoba1 April 2018
Ambitious people or those looking to do the job right, stay away. Good ol' boys with little education get promoted based upon seniority, not attaining results