CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

I really liked it here
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
Wish I could go back.

I was on the research side of the entomology lab, collecting specimens and removing wasp nests, and I loved it. I felt so incredible out in nature, dealing with what I enjoy most--bugs.

Sadly though, life with the City was not to be. As a seasonal position, you had to reapply every year, and HOPE you got in. I was lucky enough to be there 2 years, but by the third I had another job offer elsewhere and couldn't work there. When I reapplied the year after, they never responded to my application.

I've heard that things have changed much in the way of management and how the employment structure is set up, meaning different departments and job descriptions. I would definitely go back to this job in a heartbeat-- if only the City would ever mail me back.
Pros
bugs, research
Cons
early morning or later in the evening, no 9-5 day here.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

good for a first job
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
Its a decent first job but there is a lack of communication which has resulted in us showing up on days where classes had been cancelled on more then one occasion, also since we are contract workers we almost never get payed on time.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
disorganized
Great challenging workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Payroll Timekeeper

- I enjoy working with numbers, and helping staff with their payroll concerns

- Everyone here is pleasant to work with

-The most challenging times would be during payroll year end. But I enjoy balancing the cheques to be correct!
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Union Dues