CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

I really liked it here
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
Wish I could go back.

I was on the research side of the entomology lab, collecting specimens and removing wasp nests, and I loved it. I felt so incredible out in nature, dealing with what I enjoy most--bugs.

Sadly though, life with the City was not to be. As a seasonal position, you had to reapply every year, and HOPE you got in. I was lucky enough to be there 2 years, but by the third I had another job offer elsewhere and couldn't work there. When I reapplied the year after, they never responded to my application.

I've heard that things have changed much in the way of management and how the employment structure is set up, meaning different departments and job descriptions. I would definitely go back to this job in a heartbeat-- if only the City would ever mail me back.
Pros
bugs, research
Cons
early morning or later in the evening, no 9-5 day here.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

good coworkers
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Manitoba4 April 2018
my coworkers are great but the city will not offer my full time job only annual contracts. The work environment is relaxed and easy. There is no lunch room.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no lunch room, contract work
Don't rock the boat
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Manitoba1 April 2018
Ambitious people or those looking to do the job right, stay away. Good ol' boys with little education get promoted based upon seniority, not attaining results