CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

I really liked it here
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
Wish I could go back.

I was on the research side of the entomology lab, collecting specimens and removing wasp nests, and I loved it. I felt so incredible out in nature, dealing with what I enjoy most--bugs.

Sadly though, life with the City was not to be. As a seasonal position, you had to reapply every year, and HOPE you got in. I was lucky enough to be there 2 years, but by the third I had another job offer elsewhere and couldn't work there. When I reapplied the year after, they never responded to my application.

I've heard that things have changed much in the way of management and how the employment structure is set up, meaning different departments and job descriptions. I would definitely go back to this job in a heartbeat-- if only the City would ever mail me back.
Pros
bugs, research
Cons
early morning or later in the evening, no 9-5 day here.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

Reduce Red Tape
Foreman/ Pool Eng. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 October 2018
Was an enjoyable position but could become stressful due to heavy workloads and changes in technology. Extremes in heat or cold could be challenging but its fun to work with the staff. Would do it again but not as a supervisor.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Heavy work loads at times
Great job
Building services (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2018
Great pay and benefits fun place to work.nice to have six weeks holidays.nice to work indoors in the cold winter.room for advancement with training provided to the employees.good working conditions and equipment to make my work go smoothly.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Hard work