CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

I really liked it here
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
Wish I could go back.

I was on the research side of the entomology lab, collecting specimens and removing wasp nests, and I loved it. I felt so incredible out in nature, dealing with what I enjoy most--bugs.

Sadly though, life with the City was not to be. As a seasonal position, you had to reapply every year, and HOPE you got in. I was lucky enough to be there 2 years, but by the third I had another job offer elsewhere and couldn't work there. When I reapplied the year after, they never responded to my application.

I've heard that things have changed much in the way of management and how the employment structure is set up, meaning different departments and job descriptions. I would definitely go back to this job in a heartbeat-- if only the City would ever mail me back.
Pros
bugs, research
Cons
early morning or later in the evening, no 9-5 day here.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

poor
Aquatic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2019
i really didn't like working for the city. there was a lot of hostility in the environment there, it was like another version of high school. the hours were bad and although you were paid a lot an hour it was probably the worst paying job i had.
Pros
free swims
Cons
bullying
Good
Utility 3 Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
its good place to work, good wages, benefits and pensions are good. You must have seniority for benefits. Spray mosquitos. Diverse workplace, good hours.