CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

Enjoyable job being outside all day.
Green Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2017
A typical day at work would be picking up garbage in the morning/ afternoon. I would then walk up Academy rd and weed the sidewalk/ flowerbeds. I would check in on shop workers and remove any glass from the sidewalk/road. I worked for 5 hours every day.

I learned how to appreciate nature more than I did before the job. I also learned about how much garbage id dropped every day.

The workplace was very helpful and positive for me.

The hardest part of the job was working outside when it was very hot and humid or when it was cold and rainy. On those days I could only do limited jobs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet new people every day and become more confident.
Pros
Being outside all day
Cons
Too hot or too cold outside

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

good coworkers
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Manitoba4 April 2018
my coworkers are great but the city will not offer my full time job only annual contracts. The work environment is relaxed and easy. There is no lunch room.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no lunch room, contract work
Don't rock the boat
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Manitoba1 April 2018
Ambitious people or those looking to do the job right, stay away. Good ol' boys with little education get promoted based upon seniority, not attaining results