CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

Enjoyable job being outside all day.
Green Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2017
A typical day at work would be picking up garbage in the morning/ afternoon. I would then walk up Academy rd and weed the sidewalk/ flowerbeds. I would check in on shop workers and remove any glass from the sidewalk/road. I worked for 5 hours every day.

I learned how to appreciate nature more than I did before the job. I also learned about how much garbage id dropped every day.

The workplace was very helpful and positive for me.

The hardest part of the job was working outside when it was very hot and humid or when it was cold and rainy. On those days I could only do limited jobs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet new people every day and become more confident.
Pros
Being outside all day
Cons
Too hot or too cold outside

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

Good
Utility 3 Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
its good place to work, good wages, benefits and pensions are good. You must have seniority for benefits. Spray mosquitos. Diverse workplace, good hours.
Reduce Red Tape
Foreman/ Pool Eng. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 October 2018
Was an enjoyable position but could become stressful due to heavy workloads and changes in technology. Extremes in heat or cold could be challenging but its fun to work with the staff. Would do it again but not as a supervisor.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Heavy work loads at times