City of Windsor Employee Reviews

Work Place is good for people in school
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Pool Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 May 2018
Great summer job and school year job. You get to keep fit, make friends and enjoy a mostly healthy environment. Management is easy to communicate with.
Pros
the pay and the people
Cons
find your own subs
Great work place!
Parks and Recreation (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 March 2018
The city of windsor provides many opportunities for employees to engage in different jobs and activities. Currently working for parks and recreation I am able to work with many different people in different programs. The hours are flexible and so are the employers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Tempo Limitado
Estagiário (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontário, Canadá26 February 2018
Não tive oportunidade de ser efetivado, pois estava num intercâmbio financiado pelo governo em que o estagio era uma parte da minha experiência.
just a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2018
Open Streets is a program where streets are opened to people and closed to cars. People traffic replaces car traffic, and the streets become “paved parks” where visitors of all ages; abilities; and social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds can hit the streets to enjoy an array of healthy and fun physical and recreational outdoor activities.
Fun
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 January 2018
It’s a great thing to get into and you learn a lot of stuff from the programs and it was a summer camp program where you learn how to use teamwork and be fun with the kids
Pros
Swimming
Cons
Lots of work
Fun Workplace
LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 October 2017
Everyone works together well, we are a great team. I learned Team work, initiative, and self reliance. Working for the city has defiantly been the best workplace experience ever. I love everyone i work for and with and meeting new patrons everyday is always the highlight of my shifts.
Hard for young people to succeed
Program Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 September 2017
Dependent on your department and supervisor, you're either in for a wild ride or a bumpy road.

Regardless, departments do not speak to each other and everyone is overworked.
good pay nice work environment
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 August 2017
A day of work was cleaning up parks, picking up garbage, and weed wiping parks and places. We also cleaned the shop and did whatever our supervisor told us
Pros
good pay
Excellent experince
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 May 2017
I was a co-op student for 4 months with the city on a high school internship and fell in love with the environment. Such respectful people to work with, very hard workers, helped me get my foot in the door for a future career.
loved this job
PROVINCIAL OFFENCE OFFICER & AUX, POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wanted to retire from it....but...the city out sourced my position and I had to leave. I really wish I had this job back. It's too bad that I lost it due to cut backs. I liked working for the city of windsor.
Lots to do
IMS Technician Co-op (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2017
There is always something to do in public works department for a municipality. Helping update inspection forms and verifying field work is very normal.
Fun experience, provides great learning opportunities
Art Conservation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2016
As an art conservation assistant one is allowed a hands on learning experience with art. I learned many techniques to maintain outdoor and indoor sculptures. The hours are full-time and allow you to become good friends with your co-workers, which makes the job even more enjoyable. This was a fantastic summer job for a student!
Pros
job is very "hands-on"
Cons
Working outdoors is weather permitting
Fun and productive
Student, Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2016
drove to work, sat down, helped full timer gather his equipment, push painter to baseball diamonds and painted them, worked until finished or end of day, then cleaned equipment; took 1 20 min break and 1 30 min lunch, at end of day got in car went home.
Pros
Outdoor work
Cons
Outdoor work in pants
I like my job but it consist of too much driving.
Scouter (Current Employee) –  Windsor, On27 October 2015
My job is to scout out all potholes within Windsor area.

I would go home and post all the coordinates on excel files and email them to the city of Windsor coordinators.

What I've learn about this job is probably how to get around Windsor easier.

I work alone, so there is no co-workers.

The hardest part of this job is? I'd have to say preparing my routes before i start scouting making sure I don't go down the same areas and waste gas.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to find potholes!
Fun active place to work, rapidly growing staff with low hours
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 September 2015
Great job, a lot of fun. You are always kept on your toes as a lifeguard for the City. However, they keep hiring new staff without having more hours available. Therefore hours are being cut down quite a bit. Other than that it is a great place to work!
Full-time summer job with Parks and Recreations.
Student Lottery Employee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 June 2015
-Show up at work, begin a never-ending list of vacant lots that we had to maintain. Once 8 hours pass you can now go home.
- I learned how to work with my hands, i really learned how to navigate through Windsor and different street names and areas. I also learned how to prepare for work by getting enough rest the night before.
- Management had our backs as long as we did our work and they were very defending of our reputations.
- Co-workers and i didn't have many problems, i tend to stay out of people's issues and bring humour to the table.
- The hardest part of the job was waking up every morning and biking to work.
- The most enjoyable part was the fact that we were trusted and no one would nag about things we already knew.
Pros
Pay
Cons
It was full-time
Productive and engaging work environment
Health & Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 May 2015
I did placement there in the health and safety department. I organized and input data into spreadsheets and made it easier for the department to find their information.
Fair place to work
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor / Recreation Staff (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2014
Good place to work as a student. Management is not proactive, which can get frustrating.
outdoor work
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2014
I enjoyed working outdoors most of the time when it got to hot we were given more breaks.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
heat
Unpredictible
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2014
My days were conducted on a casual basis, where my hours were wide ranging.

Constant policy changes, etc., some times on a weekly basis.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
In the elements, rain or shine.