City of Vernon, CA

City of Vernon, CA Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 9 reviews

Concession at Kal tire place

A typical day at work consists of; opening the concession by stocking the fridges, turning on the grill and other machines for food and stocking the burger station with freshly chopped vegetables. I would turn on the P.O.S system, count the money in my tills bag and put it into the till. Me or a coworker would put the hot dogs on to cook and pop popcorn. During the Hockey season I would work with 4-5 other coworkers because that is our busy season but most of the year i work alone or with one other coworker. The concession is small so there isn't a need for a lot of staff on the floor unless it is very busy. When closing the concession clean up is pretty practical and quick (when working with the right people). Clean up all stations, refrigerate necessary items, do dishes, close till and cash out and sweep/mop the floors. With this job along with others I learned to work well with a team and communicate during a rush. This job surprisingly has taught me a lot about customer service and dealing with aggravated customers. For example, I had a lady become quite annoyed that we only had white milk one time. Management at Kal tire place is awesome. My boss is very reasonable and easy to get along with. I am glad to work at a place with such nice people. The job itself isn't hard at all. My co workers are awesome and close in age with me, management is great and i enjoy the rush and being busy in the winter. But If i had to pick to most difficult part I would say sitting alone during the off season during slow local games can be a little difficult. I am the type of person -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Vernon, CA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement