City of Vernon, CA
View all City of Vernon, CA reviews

City of Vernon, CA

City of Vernon, CA Employee Review

Lifeguarding

My experience with working with the City of Vernon was indeed a positive experience. Protocol and duties were straight-forward, and flexibility of hours was exceptional. Management was negotiable, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed being an employee of the City of Vernon.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

5.0Job security/advancement

Loved my job

This specific job was just offered to me over the phone after past employment with the City of Vernon. I really enjoyed it, I didn’t have an interview for this job although i’m sure most of the jobs for the Cit of Vernon require an interview. I loved working for the city alongside the Bylaws! Probably one of the funnest jobs I’ll ever have!!

Pros

Great training session!
Same location

Fun and good Place to work

very good work environment, very fun people to work in and around, interesting things to see and do. Different obstacles everyday and involves you to be outgoing willing to talk to others.
Same location

Horrible management and sub standard municipal guards

Worst place to work. Horrible job security and bad morale everywhere. Overworked employees. Horrible managers who don’t care about you, as they are just worried about their own job security. Guards who work in the jail are poorly trained, immature, lazy and all have bad attitudes towards management. Everyone within the city of Vernon knows the jail there is plagued with a very long history of problems with personnel and management. Management in charge of the area don’t know how to properly manage this area yet they are in charge of it. Makes no sense whatsoever but that’s how it is. I would not recommend this position. Too many problems, bad culture negative work environment. No job security. The city is quick to fire people and wait for the law suits to follow. Basically a don’t care attitude management has towards employees. Just lip service non genuine people managing there. Lots of backstabbing and gossip high school environment.

Pros

Excellent pay pension and benefits

Cons

Horrible managers running the place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Vernon, CA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement