City of Vancouver, BC

City of Vancouver, BC Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Positive atmosphere

I learned quickly that it was fast paced using both telephone and computer systems to handle citizens questions with attention to detail and correctly responding.The work atmosphere was always positive. Co workers and superiors were always willing to help and easily accessible to ask for assistance. Hardest part of the job may have been building the confidence to speak with authority. I gained a lot of knowledge about how municipality's operated. I enjoy the daily challenge of resolving customer inquiries.

Challenges

I love my job but when a nasty person is at the counter it makes it very challenging at times to try and help when they don't want to listen. My own desk means that I can have my canuck shrine open to the public. Working as a team!!!

Pros

Working on puzzles, close to shopping, nobody clock watching

Cons

Would like team support

Large Corporate Structure with little or no regard to employee well being to speak of

Typical work day is pretty much rush in, sit down and work without taking breaks due to overload of work and impossible goals and targets given the amount of people. A lot of overtime hours required just to keep up. Constant deadlines and not enough resources to meet them.

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay

Cons

Poorly Managed, No concern for emplyee well being

Work life balance and good benefits. Lots of different activities to become involved with. Pleasant co-workers that work hard and get a lot accomplished.

Pros

People taking pride in their work.

Cons

None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Vancouver, BC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare City of Vancouver, BC with

City of Vancouver, BC Reviews by Location

• City of Vancouver, BC
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?