City of Toronto Employee Review

View all City of Toronto reviews

Productive Job Good people to work with
Solid Waste Driver Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2014
I check my truck and do my circle check, after that I start on my map, we switch with my partner at least half an hour each time, our supervisor is good he trust we can finish the map so he doesnt bother us. The hard part is when sometimes furniture is wet and is really heavy so both of us have to lift at the same time and sometimes that takes alot of time from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is not only do I only work 4 days but if you push yourself in the day, you finish quicker and that means get home sooner.
Pros
4 days a week I work
Cons
longs hours sometimes

Other City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Fun and safe working environment
Rink Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
The most enjoyable part was being able to help those that needed a helping hand. Growing up I spent a lot of time in drop-in programs with the city I often looked up to the staff at the community centres. I am proud to say that I feel I left the same impression.
Pros
short hours, fun, enjoyable
Great management and teamwork
Swim instructor, Life guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Teamwork is the main focus for this position, you will have to work as a team not only during training, but during class time as well. You will need to constantly work together with supervisor and/ or coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3