City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews for Pool Attendant

Pool Attendant17 reviews
Canada17 reviews

Productive and Fun

• Filed detailed incident reports with the help of coworkers while managing the wading pool, which allowed the pool to remain open while completing paperwork. • Interacted with 10 members of the community daily by providing information on policies to resolve problems while maintaining customer confidentially, and received the community engagement award.

fun place to work

They were fair and I had fun going to work every day. The bosses were helpful when needed and allowed you to be independent throughout the day. they were kind, fair and disciplined when the needs arrised.

Insights into City of Toronto

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Good.

A good and interesting place to work, depending on which location, great to work with people and youth around your age, lots of opportunity for initiative.

Not Good

Can only advance if you know someone in a supervisory role. They are young and hire all their friends, leaving the workers no room to advance. They provide poor working conditions. You are in the sun all day long with no shade. They do not provide umbrellas, or rain gear - as you are expected to wait for the rain out.

City

I love how diverse the City of Toronto is, it's so fun and exciting to work with the city. I have worked with the City of Toronto for over 6 years and I have learned a lot of life skills that I will forever cherish.

Pretty good overall

I have only worked one summer with the city, and it was a great summer. Working as a Wading Pool Attendant meant working a lot, with lots of shifts available as well, which is always nice to be able to work as much as possible. The only con I would have is one of my bosses took her job too seriously. Other than that, excellent.

Pros

Lots of work available, working outdoors, pretty good pay.

Cons

Took 11 days after pay period ended to pay

Great and good learning experience

Fantastic support staff, always there to help out. You can build a very close relationship with your partner at the wading pool. Not a very difficult job, but rewarding.

Fun Working Place

Was a good experience. Secure job with good pay. Long hours but comfortable working environment. Great people and great staff members. Would work there again.

Pros

Comfortable

Cons

Enjoyable Workplace and beneficial work experience

A typical workday involves interacting with various members of the public with who you may develop long-lasting relationships with. Skills learned are customer service, problem-solving and compliance with policies and guidelines.

Exciting work environment.

Exciting work environment, although not very well managed. Training is boring and repetitive but necessary. The job is simple and rewarding, also at most times very social.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Toronto?

Great starting job

- had to fill and then empty the wading pool, which took a long time - the rest of the day there was a lot of just sitting around so it got boring - average amount of trainings

Very Welcoming

The City of Toronto provides a very welcoming environment with excellent benefits and job security. I would recommend working there to others.

Great First Job

-worked with great staff -got along with everyone -great training -supervisors were helpful -great stepping stone job -many people become life guards after -great way to make money over the summer

Good

long, and usually with one or two other attendants. the bosses were strict but overall the environment was good and it was an easy job

Great

Always had great co-workers, mostly teens and young adults, which makes for a good atmosphere. Typical day lasts 10am-5pm, so the hours are good. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet, whether they be co workers or patrons.

Positive

Working for the City of Toronto was always a positive working experience.

Just another Summer Day

A typical day at work as a wading pool attendant was fun but extremely tiring. I had to be up before everyone to make sure that the pool was open for the kids for them to swim. The summer I did work for the city of Toronto, it was extremely hot. But the children made it all worth it, we played games in the water such as basketball, tag, marco polo. The parents really appreciated the fact that I showed interest in playing with their children and making sure that they had themselves a good time. Working for the city of Toronto, i learned how to open pools, I also learned a lot of rules about the pool that I never knew before. My Co-workers and supervisor were really nice, we used to plan games together and then ask the kids which games they wanted to play. The hardest part about the job was being out in the sun everyday with no shade for more than 5 hours. The most enjoyable part about the job was just being able to put a smile on some of these kids' faces, especially the kids that were the only children in their families that only came with their parents. We definitely made sure they had fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement