City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative24 reviews
Canada24 reviews

Good company

It good to be sure that you are flexible with time. This city is a great place to work, it just takes a bit to get hired. They are a bit back tracked so if you don't hear back right away dont worry. The opportunity can still happen Goodluck.

FUn place amazing

Fantastic place to work they really care about the employees and great work culture. Good benefits and opportunities within the company. I would reccomend

Insights into City of Toronto

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Great work experience!

I love my co-workers! My time with the City was very memorable. I am very happy to have been a part of this team. Great work experience! Would recommend!!!

Good

Okay, management was fine. They encourage people not to be open minded.No room for corrections. Also don't believe in you especially when you are new.You face difficulties when you came in new and ready to fight for stay.

Productive, fun and inclusive work place

The workplace is definitely an enjoyable work environment where employees would gain varous new skills and opportunities to advance to higher positions.

Friendly coworkers, uptight management

No benefits or sick days ... the workstations are kept very untidy the database needs upgrade and overall its a little behind time when it comes to using the CLASS system

really good

enjoyed working for the city since 2013, good work environment and good people to work with. Good shift hours and pay rate. Nothing to complain about.

city

Public service can be a rewarding work choice. Management here is typical government multi layered environment. Gender and age discrimination is unfortunately an issue with the City of Toronto HR Department.

Pros

salary

Cons

Age discrimination

City of Toronto

Answering inquiries for resident in the city of Toronto in regards to property tax and city related issues such as roads, garbage collection and city bylaws.

Work weird hours

Management tries their best to schedule but it isn't doesn't always done properly. Hours are small and if you plan on working a full 40 hours then you will get weird hours and lose on on your social life a bit. But Coworkers are usually very friendly.

Good for Student

Very good part time hours. Fellow co-workers are usually friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, they think you owe them something.

great place to work with lots of room to grow

great place; but varies with location. management could be better in some establishments. Hours of seniority play a big role in how fast one can move up.

City of toronto

work isn't hard, workers are friendly I learn different skills workplace culture is great management can be difficult to work with the hardest part of the jobs is to get along with supervisors

Pros

call backs

Flexible place to work

most enjoyable part of the job is when you see happy participants a typical day at work consists of signing in to the location, getting caught up with things you've missed. Finally duties assigned

Depends completely on role.

With the City of Toronto having many various departments and divisions, there are many positions in roles within the company. Based on my experience, the City of Toronto can be a great employer. However, career advancement is very limited.

fantastic part time job

I love going in to work every day, I love the people I work with. The only drawback is enrollment varies session to session so I never know if my classes are going to run and if I'm going to have 15 hours of work per week this month or 30.

Pros

fun, engaging

Cons

variable hours

Laid-back work

Cool place to work. You have freedom to work your schedule around your life which was good for me while I was still in school. Manager was pretty chill, didnt bother me at all.

Great job

Amazing job environment Fun place to make friendships Not alot of room to grow due to the seniority process and job screening process Enjoyable part is working with the youth and the rewards of seeing kids and their talents

Productive and Fun workplace with happy customers

Working for the City of Toronto was one of my best jobs. I've learned a lot about customer service and took part of many staff development training courses. My co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable and I've learned what I know today from them. The hardest part of the job was meeting with unhappy customers but with experience, this became easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my customers happy.

Pros

happy customers

Cons

unhappy customers

Friendly and cooperative environment with amazing managment and staff

I have enjoyed working for the city of Toronto for the past thirteen years as a Customer Service Representative. I have received a great amount of knowledge thats has helped me gain the confidence I have in myself as a front desk receptionist and i am very appreciative of the extensive support and training I have recieved.

Pros

Great relationships

Cons

difficult to get permanency

Productive and fun work place

Nice place to work at good people nice environment good working with others and helping young kids friendly people co-workers and enjoyed a lot

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement