City of Toronto
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from City of Toronto:

City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Canada691 reviews
learned valuable skills for working with the public and customer service. Very pleasant workplace culture and very respectful co workers. Excellent wage and benefits
okay job if your manager likes you
Like anywhere new people have to do all the hard work. Long term employees look like they are relaxing most of the time. Lots of people and lots of meetings.
Productive and Fun
• Filed detailed incident reports with the help of coworkers while managing the wading pool, which allowed the pool to remain open while completing paperwork.
• Interacted with 10 members of the community daily by providing information on policies to resolve problems while maintaining customer confidentially, and received the community engagement award.
productive and fun
Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016.[14] Current to 2016. productive.
Productive and a fun and friendly workplace
- I worked with a group of kids between the ages of 6-12.
- Played sports, did arts and crafts and made sure they were safe

- Kept an attendance and applied First Aid when needed
Public Service Strength
If you have a passion for helping the community I highly recommend working at the cIty of toronto. Lots to improve and enjoyable experiences to gain. Many great advantages. work from home. access to social services and activities. Engaging projects.
A top employer in the city is the City of Toronto!
If you know what industry/department you want to be in, focus on your journey and go for it. You face challenges everyday but the goal remains to do your part in making Toronto an amazing city with excellent delivery of services!
productive
good money for the amount of work achieved. Would recommend to someone that is thinking about starting a new job. The work environment is really good and the people are very nice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Toronto?
medium job
So the pay is above average for a high school degree, and your never expected to work O.T, But theres no job security here. The government wants to take more jobs away so its getting harder to get in, but once your in your set for an average job that has a pension and benefits.
Fun, interesting and rewarding, low stress
I worked as a skiing assistant instructor, so I helped other instructors with their classes.
Some classes were more challenging to teach than others, depending on the level and specific students.

The pay was pretty good considering how easy the job was.

Coworkers were really friendly and helpful and made the job more fun.

Management was nice and fixed any problems but some of them were a bit unorganized.

Hours were extremely flexible, I got to work whenever I wanted.

Some of the training are long and repetitive but you get paid for them.

Overall, it was a great experience and it's a good part-time job for high school students who want to gain experience, put something on their resume, and earn some money while keeping a work-to-school/life balance.
inclusive work culture with good management and fair compensation
The City of Toronto has a positive work culture with good representation of a variety of people and communities. They include opportunities for learning and flexible working hours. Staff strive to be efficient and fair in their work processes. However, like any large municipality progress, change and responsiveness can be slower due to administrative processes.
Excellent
Excellent and learned a lot. This was very beneficial to me. I was able to get jobs afterwards as a result. I highly recommend to anyone and it is worth the time.
I enjoyed working with the city of Toronto. It wasn't a good fit for my lifestyle in the division that I worked but I would absolutely return back to that organization and work for them again in a different role.
Pros
Excellent values
Cons
Out of date re: technology
No advancement
No flexibility management is demoralizing to staff does not value staff input or knowledge. Management is not sensitive to the needs of the employees no flexibility
Pros
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Lack of Leadership and Direction
There is a lack of direction from Leadership and Direction. Promotions are not based on merit but favoritism. There is a lack of training to employees and career growth. Too much micro management.
Computer tutor
Only worked with them for about a month. It was a great company and people. Worked with a plethora of internal and external clients. Gave me a great insight into the government work force
One of the best work place in Toronto
Working for The City as a Computer Tutor is the best experience ever. People are so collaborative. The environment is friendly.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with difficult clients but with the support of my team members everything goes smoothly and ends up with satisfied clients.
fun place to work
They were fair and I had fun going to work every day. The bosses were helpful when needed and allowed you to be independent throughout the day. they were kind, fair and disciplined when the needs arrised.
I spent a nice time with a diferent species of animals
•Responsible for feeding and watering the animal barns
•Monitored animals t to carry out all required medical care

•Cleaned animal holding areas and equipments
Tenured and/or Qualified Professionals Beware
The City culture can best be described as submissive and the work, even within higher levels of administration, is transactional. Leadership is weak and Management unqualified - recognized by both management and leadership. Average training provided to employees is significantly below industry average . Many divisions receive less than 6 hours of training per year.

Pros - Non-union salaries are respectable, great for new workforce entrants

Cons - Not suitable for tenured, qualified professionals who hope to bring their expertise to the City, Limited opportunities for upward career progression
Productive and social workplace with friendly atmosphere
I volunteered for the City of Toronto in order to earn volunteer hours to graduate from high school. While I had previous experience working with children, I was not used to working with staff or other volunteers.
The atmosphere at my location was very friendly and open, making it easy to get along with others and to learn new skills.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2