City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews

I love to work for the city I enjoy going to work every day great place to grow great management and people💯Friendly fun place to work and learn as you go
Cons
The city of Toronto is a very inclusive organization who promotes diversity and multiculturalism in the workplace. The City provides a broad variety of public services across the GTA. All employees are given annual training and are further training/ development programs are available. Jobs are secure and benefits are decent. Internal positions are available, however recruitment is seniority based which makes consideration and advancement quite difficult for newer employees (0-10 years experience).
Pros
Opportunity for overtime
Cons
Professional advancement is very difficult to obtain
I have worked for the city for 30 years. The pay and benefits are good. Job protection from the union. Very hard to get full-time it's mostly contract and part-time work. Really good job for someone who wants to just make extra money. Work with alot of different people
Pros
Good pay, job protection, good benefits
Cons
Workplace can be very stressful, bullying from staff and some management.
many jobs within find your path it will take care of you thats the city it is great many opportunitys managment is easy to work with very understanding and great benefits
The pay is great, however, jobs start as part time hindering the job security. Employees have to work elsewhere else to be able to afford life. Nice work setting and no stress. Great Union. Long probation period though.
Pros
Pay per hour is great
Cons
Many jobs start as part time. Not enough hours.
A very fun and existing work experience that is fast paced, dynamic and unique. It calls for excellent planning, organizations, interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
Pros
Fun and Dynamic Work setting
Cons
Short shifts
Lots of opportunities to meet new people and learn new things. I had the pleasure of having a great team. We were able to creatively collaborate to ensure the best experience for campers, caregivers and staff.
While the process of getting hired can be difficult to navigate, as there are multiple online and in-person steps and trainings that need to be resolved, the overall experience working was positive, and once in the system it is not too difficult to navigate.
Regular 7 am - 3 pm job. Worked here for a 4-month co-op term and absolutely loved it. I learned more about using ArcMap effectively and even learned to use FME. My work environment was relaxed and my co-workers were enthusiastic about their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. You really get to relate to them.
City of Toronto is a fun place to work. I worked in recreation and everyone was really nice. It is very hard to get shifts though, especially when you are new.
A typical day at work was greeting children and their parents. My team and I hosted morning activities then helped the kids with lunch and clean up. Afterwards we did more planned activities for the afternoon and then waited until all of te children were picked up to go home.
good environment depending of the department. good managers. lots of location and sectors. good start job. lots of community activities. hard exam to get in.
I enjoy working for the City Of Toronto as an Aquatic Program Assistant. My job entails working with children, and I am responsible for their safety, as well as helping them learn to swim. All my colleagues and managers are very friendly, approachable people, making it a terrific work environment.
No comment. A typical day a work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job Prefer not to respond
The accounting internship with the City of Toronto was the perfect temporary, entry-level job for a summer student. The tasks for the most part were repetitive and mundane; these were responsibilities that could not be automated but no one else wanted to do. Once in a while I would be tasked with reconciling a financial document, but this was more for my benefit in gaining experience, than in really helping productivity at the workplace. My manager seemed just as interested in my development than in productivity, so I let him down when I did not return to SDFA.
I've been working at the City of Toronto for nearly 7 yrs. When I started I was making around 34.50/hr now I'm making 46.13/hr - so it's kind of good. The hours are good, 7am - 3pm, 8am - 4pm. The Corporate Management is BS - basically everyone just cares about themselves. Employee benefits are okay, we got screwed on the last CUPE bargaining in 2016. My hourly rate increases by 27cents per year due to the contract. They cut back on health benefits, dental, foot etc. Work is somewhat stressful. Only good thing are vacation day,s about 35. Sick days about 20. Emergency days about 10. Also you can work for lot's of overtime - if it's approved and it's either paid overtime or lieu time. When you pass a working benchmark (so if you work there for 10yrs, 15yrs 20yrs) they add one more week of paid vk for the year so thats good Overall 3/5 starts
learned valuable skills for working with the public and customer service. Very pleasant workplace culture and very respectful co workers. Excellent wage and benefits
Like anywhere new people have to do all the hard work. Long term employees look like they are relaxing most of the time. Lots of people and lots of meetings.
• Filed detailed incident reports with the help of coworkers while managing the wading pool, which allowed the pool to remain open while completing paperwork. • Interacted with 10 members of the community daily by providing information on policies to resolve problems while maintaining customer confidentially, and received the community engagement award.
Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016.[14] Current to 2016. productive.
- I worked with a group of kids between the ages of 6-12. - Played sports, did arts and crafts and made sure they were safe - Kept an attendance and applied First Aid when needed
  1. Employee reviews