City of Thunder Bay

City of Thunder Bay Management reviews

Canada25 reviews
No good organization of events. Nice people but hard to get a hold of. Fun events and great way to get to know people and make news friends. Not quite sure if it will help anyone get a job other thn with the city.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Poor management.
Nice place to work but there's new drama between co workers every hour. Gets old really fast. Affects doing your job. Management right now is none existent.
I worked for the city of Thunder Bay for 15 years. It is a
great place to work with wages that are at the top scale.

Co workers and management team are awesome.

Only reason I left was to relocate to southern ontario
Pros
overtime always available
I enjoyed getting up in the morning and going to work. I didn't always know what my day to day assignment would be but often it would be diversified. I could be repairing roads one day or hauling material another. I definitely learned to operate various pieces of equipment proficiently. Management did their jobs well in my opinion, but not without a lot of friction from many employees for whatever reasons. Certainly the moral was in need of a boost. The hardest part of the job for me was working as productively as I could while watching other employees texting or just sitting idle. Probably the most rewarding part of my job was accomplishing the task assigned and going home knowing, I had done my best that day.
Pros
Fair breaks were allowed (eg. half hour lunch and 2/15 minute coffee breaks)
Cons
Sometimes the lack of cooperation limiting production.
Unfortunately, public sector work life is difficult due to lack of advancement until many many years are put in . The pay is average. the biggest perk it has is job security.
Pros
the city will be there when the next recession hits
Cons
absolute boredome
The City of Thunder Bay is a great employer and I enjoyed work on a daily basis while I was under a long contract. Working with children was challenging and very rewarding at the same time. It was nice to be able to show parents that the place they entrusted their children to was safe and educational yet fun and memorable at the same time.

Management was very understanding and I don't have anything negative to say on that regard. It was a fair and rewarding place to work every single day.
Pros
Hour long lunch!
Cons
Early morning shifts.
Arrive at work, go through tailgate safety meeting discussing days overview, load the truck need for the crews daily tasks. Once this is completed we were drive to destination of the tasks at hand and complete. Crews were active and worked together, got a long great with fellow employees, great management and lead hands. Crew was like family and made the job more satisfying as friends.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Summer ended