City of Thunder Bay
City of Thunder Bay Employee Review

I found it a great place to work. I made a lot of lasting friendships in my years with the City.

28 August 2017
I enjoyed getting up in the morning and going to work. I didn't always know what my day to day assignment would be but often it would be diversified. I could be repairing roads one day or hauling material another. I definitely learned to operate various pieces of equipment proficiently. Management did their jobs well in my opinion, but not without a lot of friction from many employees for whatever reasons. Certainly the moral was in need of a boost. The hardest part of the job for me was working as productively as I could while watching other employees texting or just sitting idle. Probably the most rewarding part of my job was accomplishing the task assigned and going home knowing, I had done my best that day.
Pros
Fair breaks were allowed (eg. half hour lunch and 2/15 minute coffee breaks)
Cons
Sometimes the lack of cooperation limiting production.
26 February 2020
Same location
Position is outside, in just about any weather. My supervisor is amazing, but the city itself needs to give better incentives for this position. Benefits would be nice.
24 February 2020
We have fun at work but like any office there is always interoffice politics and exclusivism. There are excellent opportunities to grow. The City is trying to be progressive and if they keep working on it they will be the best place to work in the City.
Pros
Associations, memberships and discounts
Cons
no parking, high stress
27 November 2019
Same location
Working here was a fulfillment of my work placement semester while studying at the city's community College, unfortunately it was mostly unpaid work but the experiences gained and certifications obtained through the 4-month were crucial in any possible advancement with the Health and Safety industry. Glad i was chosen to Intern at the City's Corporate Safety Department.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Thunder Bay. Our community is ready to answer.
City of Thunder Bay Reviews by Location