City of Thunder Bay
City of Thunder Bay Employee Review

A vibrant exciting place to call work on a daily basis.

19 November 2015
The City of Thunder Bay is a great employer and I enjoyed work on a daily basis while I was under a long contract. Working with children was challenging and very rewarding at the same time. It was nice to be able to show parents that the place they entrusted their children to was safe and educational yet fun and memorable at the same time.

Management was very understanding and I don't have anything negative to say on that regard. It was a fair and rewarding place to work every single day.
Pros
Hour long lunch!
Cons
Early morning shifts.
26 February 2020
Spare Crossing Guard (Current Employee) - Thunder Bay, ON
Position is outside, in just about any weather. My supervisor is amazing, but the city itself needs to give better incentives for this position. Benefits would be nice.
24 February 2020
Office Administrator (Current Employee) - Thunder Bay, ON
We have fun at work but like any office there is always interoffice politics and exclusivism. There are excellent opportunities to grow. The City is trying to be progressive and if they keep working on it they will be the best place to work in the City.
Pros
Associations, memberships and discounts
Cons
no parking, high stress
27 November 2019
Corporate Safety Intern (Former Employee) - Thunder Bay, ON
Working here was a fulfillment of my work placement semester while studying at the city's community College, unfortunately it was mostly unpaid work but the experiences gained and certifications obtained through the 4-month were crucial in any possible advancement with the Health and Safety industry. Glad i was chosen to Intern at the City's Corporate Safety Department.