City of Surrey Employee Review

View all City of Surrey reviews

Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2013
Due to a few different job titles, I would say that the most typical days I would have had would be resolving issues around payment, billing, staff training and overall business and report writing. All of my managers have been very good. Good training and excellent courses enabled me to learn many skills which made my learning easier. The most enjoyable part of the jobs at BC Tel/Telus were working with the public.
Pros
job security, benefits, schooling.
Cons
n/a

Other City of Surrey Employee Reviews

Only stuck around for the pay
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 April 2018
Working at the north surrey rec centre pool was probably the most horrible work experience. There is no scope for growth here if you are not a favourite with the coordinator/programmer. There is blatant favouritism despite hours being by seniority and it being a unionized position. Moreover, the programmer, coordinator, and management rarely acknowledge positive performance. Rather, they are so quick to confront you and call you into meetings for the pettiest things. Meetings are full of hearsay and questionable accusations. Rarely anything solid. I would definitely not recommend picking the NSIP as a choice for pool if you pass the interviews. It is a small facility with BIG amounts of drama. The people behind the glass windows in the office are literally so bored they will call you out on anything. Whether it’s uniform, the way you’re standing to guard, probably even how you breathe.

Stay away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bias, favouritism, cliques
Fun and diverse place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor + Assistant Head Guard (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 March 2018
I was a lifeguard/swim instructor/assistant head guard. I have learnt a lot about myself and to work well with others. I loved working with people of all ages and from all backgrounds. I have also enjoyed working towards becoming an assistant head guard- this has provided me with various amounts of supervisory skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Surrey. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4