City of St. Albert

City of St. Albert Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

A place to meet new friends

I always felt welcomed by my peers. Having people around you enjoyed and knew you could trust really helped in stressful situations. You always knew if something went wrong someone would have your back.

Fun Team environment

I worked on the horticulture crew over the summer of 2019, This was a sometimes slow job, and extremely repetitive. Even so, this was my favourite job as of yet, with a superb team and management the summer flew by. Would recommend.

I found a collaborative, positive team

I enjoy going to work every day. I have learned so many new things. I'm very thankful for the opportunity this company gave it to me, and I am taking advantage of every opportunity.

Great training

Great people to work with. Well structured and provided good tools to work with. Follow-up was consistent and professional. This was a temporary position regarding the city census.

Pros

Well structured

Cons

Could have paid a bit better, but ok.

Flexible, enjoyable job

Worked as a lifeguard, and the position came with lots of flexibility. Managers were nice, if not a bit disorganized at times. Was expected to work hard, but paid very well for the work we did.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

High expectations

I enjoyed working here

The atmosphere is certainly a lot more laid back than other places I've worked in the past, and for me that makes it leaps and bounds more enjoyable than all the other jobs I've had. You're not pressed to finish as fast as you can but you are still expected to complete your job within a reasonable amount of time; so there are less errors being made in misdiagnoses and rushed labor. Overall I think the calmness of the workplace greatly influences how productive the people in the garage are, which in turn keeps them happy to work.

Pros

productive & supportive workplace

Student placement

I only had this position for a work placement program. I was only paid $1.00 a day and there was no other options to move forward within the City of St. Albert.......

Pros

close to home

Cons

not lasting

City of St Albert is a wonderful employer

I have nothing but amazing things to say about the CSA. I am proud to work for them and will continue to do so as long as they will have me.

Poor management, no work-life balance

If you are interested in working 60 to 70 hours a week then this is the place for you. There are more and more work projects being added every month, with no additional resources and no work flow process management.

Pros

Good salary and excellent benefits, great colleagues

Cons

Very long hours, no management support or direction

Jobs at City of St. Albert