City of St. Albert

City of St. Albert Management reviews

Clear

Fun Team environment

I worked on the horticulture crew over the summer of 2019, This was a sometimes slow job, and extremely repetitive. Even so, this was my favourite job as of yet, with a superb team and management the summer flew by. Would recommend.

Terrible management (Transit garage)

Worked here previously and it was ok, typical day was fast paced and steady work but it seems the management doesn’t abide by union standards and worker rights always. They micro manage you and talk badly behind your back which creates a very stressful workplace that isn’t very practical to be in. They preach rules that they don’t follow and slave drive you just to watch you work.. seriously it’s bad. They give their favourite employees the benefits of overtime etc. If they had a less “slave driving” team leader and a more professional manager, this place would be better. The manager often will put down other people in front of the staff and it’s just extremely inappropriate to say the least. Don’t expect to move up, and don’t expect to get your benefit ls easily. You want that holiday you’re entitled to? Well you’ll get a cold stare and glare for taking the time off because “we’re busy” ... truth is, we are always busy.

Good pay, Management does not care.

While the pay is decent (other cities/counties pay more) the work culture and management could be better. shift coverage is next to impossible and as a worker it is very clear that you are expendable. sometimes OH&S and AHS protocols are not followed (Management and front line staff at fault).

St.Albert Transit great place to screw the pooch.

I work here ... lots of drama...I love drama. Plus my team leader loves working here because hes a slave driving C u n t that has his own paid swimming schedule. Things need to change.

Pros

A manager that gives us a thumbs up and calls us men of steal (gay?)

Cons

But no freebie swimming lessons unless your a transit team leader

Emergency Services

The worst management I have ever worked for. Managers are not qualified to Manage or lead. City does not care. They have you complete management surveys. Supervisor scores low on survey and somehow they get promoted. They burn out employees and staff turn over is endless. Experienced employees are responsible for training new employees over and over. Would never tell anyone I care about to apply here.

Pros

Salaried pay, job security

Cons

Toxic environment, poor management

Good Organization

St.Albert has a solid management group and leadership team. Turn over of employees seems to be the main concern. Pay is fair to good. There is no real chance of advancement in the next 8 or so years. The Team Leads are set and very comfortable in their roles

Poor management, no work-life balance

If you are interested in working 60 to 70 hours a week then this is the place for you. There are more and more work projects being added every month, with no additional resources and no work flow process management.

Pros

Good salary and excellent benefits, great colleagues

Cons

Very long hours, no management support or direction

Jobs at City of St. Albert