City of St. Albert

City of St. Albert Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.3Job security & advancement

collaborative and supportive work environment

very good people on the team that I worked with. lots of unique experience brought to the table and interesting work completed with many levels of government

Part time casual Librarian Aide

Working for the City of St. Albert was a rewarding experience. The job description offered me many learning opportunities and advancement to a position where more responsibilities and skills were acquired. Casual part time hours allowed me to pursue other interests.

informative and professional and to the point

the job they put me in suited me perfectly, job training and safety training was done before starting and crew was very welcoming and helpful with orientation.

I found a collaborative, positive team

I enjoy going to work every day. I have learned so many new things. I'm very thankful for the opportunity this company gave it to me, and I am taking advantage of every opportunity.

Great training

Great people to work with. Well structured and provided good tools to work with. Follow-up was consistent and professional. This was a temporary position regarding the city census.

Pros

Well structured

Cons

Could have paid a bit better, but ok.

Student placement

I only had this position for a work placement program. I was only paid $1.00 a day and there was no other options to move forward within the City of St. Albert.......

Pros

close to home

Cons

not lasting

Emergency Services

The worst management I have ever worked for. Managers are not qualified to Manage or lead. City does not care. They have you complete management surveys. Supervisor scores low on survey and somehow they get promoted. They burn out employees and staff turn over is endless. Experienced employees are responsible for training new employees over and over. Would never tell anyone I care about to apply here.

Pros

Salaried pay, job security

Cons

Toxic environment, poor management

Good Organization

St.Albert has a solid management group and leadership team. Turn over of employees seems to be the main concern. Pay is fair to good. There is no real chance of advancement in the next 8 or so years. The Team Leads are set and very comfortable in their roles

Great People to work with too much politics

I enjoyed the years I worked here but things changed by the time I left. Great pay now, but there are better places to work.

Jobs at City of St. Albert