City of St. Albert

City of St. Albert Employee Reviews

A place to meet new friends

I always felt welcomed by my peers. Having people around you enjoyed and knew you could trust really helped in stressful situations. You always knew if something went wrong someone would have your back.

St.Albert Transit great place to screw the pooch.

I work here ... lots of drama...I love drama. Plus my team leader loves working here because he is a short slave driving C u n t that has his own paid swimming schedule during work hours Things need to change. No Covid 19 work practices during regular everyday work only if there is an audit. The supervisor even shows up sick and puts the teams at heath at risk when he is there... but not in his office ordering car parts for his home projects and watching YouTube videos on how to become a taller man.

Pros

A Manager who makes up own rules for covid 19, so he can keep employees working unsafely, he has great minty alcoholic breath

Cons

But no freebie swimming lessons unless your a midget transit team leader

Terrible management (Transit garage)

Worked here previously and it was ok, typical day was fast paced and steady work but it seems the management doesn’t abide by union standards and worker rights always. They micro manage you and talk badly behind your back which creates a very stressful workplace that isn’t very practical to be in. They preach rules that they don’t follow and slave drive you just to watch you work.. seriously it’s bad. They give their favourite employees the benefits of overtime etc. If they had a less “slave driving” team leader and a more professional manager, this place would be better. The manager often will put down other people in front of the staff and it’s just extremely inappropriate to say the least. Don’t expect to move up, and don’t expect to get your benefit ls easily. You want that holiday you’re entitled to? Well you’ll get a cold stare and glare for taking the time off because “we’re busy” ... truth is, we are always busy.

Great time

Lifeguards are more than just good swimmers. They are water rescue professionals trained in emergency care. They prevent accidents. They identify hazards and determine safe practices. They educate the public about the hazards and risks associated with aquatic activities and how to be Water Smart®. And they are trained to spot potential trouble and intervene before it becomes life-threatening.

collaborative and supportive work environment

very good people on the team that I worked with. lots of unique experience brought to the table and interesting work completed with many levels of government

Fun Team environment

I worked on the horticulture crew over the summer of 2019, This was a sometimes slow job, and extremely repetitive. Even so, this was my favourite job as of yet, with a superb team and management the summer flew by. Would recommend.

Part time casual Librarian Aide

Working for the City of St. Albert was a rewarding experience. The job description offered me many learning opportunities and advancement to a position where more responsibilities and skills were acquired. Casual part time hours allowed me to pursue other interests.

informative and professional and to the point

the job they put me in suited me perfectly, job training and safety training was done before starting and crew was very welcoming and helpful with orientation.

Great Summer Job

Was a great place to work over the summer while on break from school. Met lots of great people and the City is very flexible. Great place to work for students.

Good pay, Management does not care.

While the pay is decent (other cities/counties pay more) the work culture and management could be better. shift coverage is next to impossible and as a worker it is very clear that you are expendable. sometimes OH&S and AHS protocols are not followed (Management and front line staff at fault).

Jobs at City of St. Albert

See more jobs

I found a collaborative, positive team

I enjoy going to work every day. I have learned so many new things. I'm very thankful for the opportunity this company gave it to me, and I am taking advantage of every opportunity.

St.Albert Transit great place to screw the pooch.

I work here ... lots of drama...I love drama. Plus my team leader loves working here because hes a slave driving C u n t that has his own paid swimming schedule. Things need to change.

Pros

A manager that gives us a thumbs up and calls us men of steal (gay?)

Cons

But no freebie swimming lessons unless your a transit team leader

Friendly and interesting place to work.

Typical day involved production of reports and letters. Reception and telephone inquiries. Department liaison. Most enjoyable part of job was the people.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

was a temporary position

Great training

Great people to work with. Well structured and provided good tools to work with. Follow-up was consistent and professional. This was a temporary position regarding the city census.

Pros

Well structured

Cons

Could have paid a bit better, but ok.

Flexible, enjoyable job

Worked as a lifeguard, and the position came with lots of flexibility. Managers were nice, if not a bit disorganized at times. Was expected to work hard, but paid very well for the work we did.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

High expectations

Friendly work enviornment

Not a very stressful job, got along with everyone and we would always get the job done. Hours were convenient and learned a lot about road maintenance.

I enjoyed working here

The atmosphere is certainly a lot more laid back than other places I've worked in the past, and for me that makes it leaps and bounds more enjoyable than all the other jobs I've had. You're not pressed to finish as fast as you can but you are still expected to complete your job within a reasonable amount of time; so there are less errors being made in misdiagnoses and rushed labor. Overall I think the calmness of the workplace greatly influences how productive the people in the garage are, which in turn keeps them happy to work.

Pros

productive & supportive workplace

Student placement

I only had this position for a work placement program. I was only paid $1.00 a day and there was no other options to move forward within the City of St. Albert.......

Pros

close to home

Cons

not lasting

Emergency Services

The worst management I have ever worked for. Managers are not qualified to Manage or lead. City does not care. They have you complete management surveys. Supervisor scores low on survey and somehow they get promoted. They burn out employees and staff turn over is endless. Experienced employees are responsible for training new employees over and over. Would never tell anyone I care about to apply here.

Pros

Salaried pay, job security

Cons

Toxic environment, poor management

Good Organization

St.Albert has a solid management group and leadership team. Turn over of employees seems to be the main concern. Pay is fair to good. There is no real chance of advancement in the next 8 or so years. The Team Leads are set and very comfortable in their roles

City of St Albert is a wonderful employer

I have nothing but amazing things to say about the CSA. I am proud to work for them and will continue to do so as long as they will have me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of St. Albert. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement