City of Saskatoon Employee Reviews

city of saskatoon
ULTITY COLLECTION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2018
my day is pretty simple I work by myself and I pick every garbage container that is out on my route. the hardest part of the job is actually getting to know the routes its easy when u drive the same truck every week
micro managed to death
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 October 2018
all the joy is stripped from management. It is micro managed to a point where days off were denied because the manager didn't want to do the paperwork.
Decent short-term job but management is a mess
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 October 2018
With overtime a lot of money can be made with the City but there is little incentive to improve or even care at all about your work. Extremely little accountability and promotions seem to go to the worst possible people. It's okay for a short while but I wouldn't stick around too long.
Good seasonal work.
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2018
Love my job as an operator. Duties are flexible as you can go from operating equipment to helping out with horticulture duties. Just wish that there were more full time positions available in my department.
Union job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 August 2018
Union based. Quotas are really low to achieve and exceeding them gets you in trouble. Lost my job because I wanted to excel. Let go days before my 3 month period was almost finished so they could fire me with no cause.
a typical day at work
Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 July 2018
A typical day at work for me would be to arrive at 8:09 and work on work that has been assigned to me throughout the day. Some of the work I do is research on projects, which I do enjoy. I do not get to interact with the public as much in my job as I did in previous positions. I miss this a lot as I like to work with others and help and guide them.

Typically, throughout the day, I will take breaks often to get away from the computer. Sitting is too hard on the body and being an active person like myself, I need to move around a lot.

The work I do is very interesting as it deals with managing the assets of the City. I never realized how much Infrastructure we have in our City. Maintaining this Infrastructure is important as we need to have make sure the services we offer are in good working condition.

Everyday, I am very glad to be part of the team.
Pros
EDO get off every third Friday
Cons
The work place culture, not every is accepted.
Fun work environment
Issuing Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 July 2018
I had a fun filled day of meeting and working with new people in an upbeat and friendly environment. It was a long day but except for one or two instances we all seemed to work well together.
Unprofessional Environment
Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2018
The city has lots of great people that care about the overall well being and delivery of services to citizens. Unfortunately, the culture and work environment is toxic.
Perfect environment to work in
Fill and Drain Padding pool (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 June 2018
I used to take care of the water systems and was working as a security at the same time. Got a good experience of government job. I was able to manage my time table and routine as well.
Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities
Parks Department Laborer and Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 May 2018
While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.
Pros
Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.
Fun atmosphere
Office Clerk - Community Development Division (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2018
Small office environment. Fun people to work with. Answered the phone. Gave directions to how to get to the office. Booked meetings for the boardroom.
Fun, low stress workplace
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 October 2017
Typical day:
Reviewing emails
Running scheduled tasks
Printing bills and invoices for the people of Saskatoon

Many opportunities within the city for possible advancement.
Pros
Availability of online training
Cons
minimum of a Bachelors degree
Fun and productive atmosphere. Good place to learn new skills
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 September 2017
A very safety orientated place to work with high regard for their employees. All safety equipment is provided by them. everyone is very friendly and willing to help you if needed.
working experience was awsome
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 August 2017
i loved the environment except one thing that I was working alone so my management will never able to know my abilities and they have to judge me on some random basis as they never worked with me physically.
Highly Recommended
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 August 2017
Great place to work, very organized with no room for half-effort(s).
Great management. Meetings are always productive/useful, as well. Ideal for full-time or shift-work.
Pros
City Hall Cafeteria
Cons
Equipment
physical fastpace
Pool Custodian lead hand/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2017
shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms
Pros
get in shape
Cons
job security
Nice people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 July 2017
Nice supervisor and nice colleagues , enjoy my work ,help residents ,fix the road. Clean the city,park. Fix the back alleys take obstacle away from road
This is a great job
Instructor Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 July 2017
This is a great job. It is easy to work around my schedule. Great people. Easy to talk to. Always nice to deal with new people that are taking there time to help out the Community they live in.
Worked in pool area
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 May 2017
The hardest part of working for the City of Saskatoon was cleaning the pool with the vaccumn.
Arrived at work, empty the garbage, added chemicals to pool filter, janitorial work, event set up and clean up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working and meeting with new people.
Managment was always available whenever I had a question or concern.
Pros
working outside
Cons
getting up at 4 am
Easy un-rewarding work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2017
It was very easy working with the city, but did not offer many rewarding challenges. It was hard to go to work knowing nothing I was going to do was going to be a challenge.