City of Saskatoon, SK logo
City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.

Pros

four ten hour shifts

Cons

pay is not enough

Parks and Recs

Summer job with the City of Saskatoon . cleaned up Shelter Belts , pruined trees and shrubs , cut hedges , maintained parks area, worked under no supervision.

City of Saskatoon

I love my job and all the great people I work with. However, I was hired for a Temp Position for 3 months. I have been extended month by month with no sense of security. I have been told by many (including my Supervisor that I'm doing a great job. She said that she would love to keep me, if she could. I have been applying for every position that I think relates to my experience. I would really like to continue my employment here with The City of Saskatoon, I'm just feeling discouraged by the seniority, and hiring policies.

Pros

Great salary, and EDO's

Cons

Paying for parking everyday

Excellent Place to Work

The City of Saskatoon i s a great employer. They provide opportunities for advancement and have employees best interests in mind when creating programs. Flexible schedules make life easy to manage.

it was grate atmoshphere to work here.

I learned new software for engineering Design. co-workers helped me lot initially to learn the work properly.I enjoyed lot to work with government projects.

Great place to work, though policies can get out of hand at times.

I really enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I had a lot of fun with them. Having the responsibility to be professional took its toll at times, as patrons expected different responses as I was inclined to give. Sometimes I did not receive adequate information on how to deal with certain situations, but in these times I had a respectful supervisor to aid me. All in all, a great work experience.

Pros

Great supervisors, co-workers and atmosphere.

Cons

Dealing with patrons at times deemed difficult.

Helpful and friendly work place

It was a valuable experience as an intern student to work with the city. Everyone at work was friendly and always willing to help or point me toward the right direction for it. The work environment and culture were great with some flexibility. It was an enjoyable and eye opening experience to talked to some of the senior engineers and learned from their experience.

Good benefits, fun people

4 day work week is awesome, good experience. good people. learned how to troubleshoot and read electrical drawings well.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Pay is sometimes lower than industry

it was one of my first jobs and i got paid weekly.

I was moved around a lot with this company but it within the plant.

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

I worked for a good company good all around experience. I learned a lot about different types of equipment how to change oil and grease them up my co-workers were friendly I worker by myself and always got my job done on time it was a good experience.

Pros

close to my home

Great Leaning Opportunity

City of Saskatoon allowed for me to build my skills in management to better further myself. My days varied - no day was the same with what was needed to be done. The management was not always clear as to what they wanted from their team. Co-workers were great, often stressed and overworked. The hardest part of the job was the management The most enjoyable part were the co-workers.

Pros

Great Benefits and Wage

Cons

Poor Management

good work

I really enjoyed it the staff was friendly, I learn't how to paint and powder coat,and seeing the boss smiled

Pros

overtime

Cons

Long Hours

good place to work

9 to 5pm workday how to be organized time management very friendly

Pros

Free coffee

I never had any problem going to work.I liked my job.

I made my owe work ,I learned, see a need , then fill that need.Your job will be a lot more fun.Management they worked hard ,very political,not much fun for them.The workers where the full range, very good to useless.the hardest part is the politics.Allways learning.

Pros

verry secure

Cons

to many jobs at one time. fractured.

positive work enviroment

my job duties differed day to day . i learned alot of different things and had good experiences with the city. i enjoyed working with people in the city and hope to work there again

Pros

safety

Just what the example says, fun and productive and we do have a ping-pong table.

A typical day at work for the city of Saskatoon starts at 7 am and ends at 4:04 pm. It starts off with a tool box meeting and orders given out on what our duties are for the day. We are usually assigned with partners to work with and the jobs could be in any part of the city with whatever machine we may be alotted. Every day is a learning experience for example, learning how to use machinery in a landscaping operation. As for management, they are very good and knowledgable. They are always on hand if we need assistance or are in need of anything. All the co-workers get along and if anything did come up the supervisors and their higher-ups are on it right away.The hardest part of the job- well their is no hard part as long as you know what you are doing and enjoy it. I enjoy operating.

Great Company

Worked with plants and in horticulturegood managementgood co-workersgreat summer job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement