City of Saskatoon, SK
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Working at City of Saskatoon, SK: Latest City of Saskatoon, SK Reviews

Canada106 reviews

citysupervisorfuncultureexperiencefriendlycoworkerslot

Job security and good benefits

I enjoy working here and like that your home every night. Has good benefits and decent pay. Good work environment. Made some friends here and supervisors are helpful.

Pros

4 ten hour shifts

Cons

Working in extreme conditions

Good company to work for

Overall good experience, typical union red tape, good pay, good benifits. However, once you understand the job, not much changes

Pros

Double time OT

Insights into City of Saskatoon, SK

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

friendly staff manadgement

we are trustworthy have integrity and have respect for all employes and the general public.We have enough work that time goes by fast., not to many duties that you have to rush and make duties unsafe.We consentrate on work safty,an fesical well being.The city has great support system for all employes

Pros

geat benifits and pension

Cons

with shedualle hard to find 2nd job

gym supervisor

Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.

Fun

Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.

Easy and stress-free work environement

Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits

Pros

Being a part of the union

Cons

Not enough work hours

Productive, respectable workplace

A grat deal of work making sure the city is running well, devoid of hazards, accidents and problematic issues. Quick responce to arising issues be it natural or man caused.

Pros

Get to know the city more and how things are handled.

Productive, important work

Went out with surveyors to various contract sites around the city to ensure contractors were up to engineering standards. Mostly road-work, ensuring that sewer and storm pipes were put in place properly, but dealt with land development a little too. Well-organized, fun and casual workplace among the surveyors.

Pros

discounts on civic centre memberships

Cons

public are mildly hostile to city workers

Fun and productive

Fun to be with all the other lifeguards and swimming teachers. need to be a good roll model for the public as we are always in public eye. always busy doing something, never a dull moment at any of the city facilities.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Nothing.

I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.

Pros

four ten hour shifts

Cons

pay is not enough

Parks and Recs

Summer job with the City of Saskatoon . cleaned up Shelter Belts , pruined trees and shrubs , cut hedges , maintained parks area, worked under no supervision.

City of Saskatoon

I love my job and all the great people I work with. However, I was hired for a Temp Position for 3 months. I have been extended month by month with no sense of security. I have been told by many (including my Supervisor that I'm doing a great job. She said that she would love to keep me, if she could. I have been applying for every position that I think relates to my experience. I would really like to continue my employment here with The City of Saskatoon, I'm just feeling discouraged by the seniority, and hiring policies.

Pros

Great salary, and EDO's

Cons

Paying for parking everyday

Excellent Place to Work

The City of Saskatoon i s a great employer. They provide opportunities for advancement and have employees best interests in mind when creating programs. Flexible schedules make life easy to manage.

it was grate atmoshphere to work here.

I learned new software for engineering Design. co-workers helped me lot initially to learn the work properly.I enjoyed lot to work with government projects.

Great place to work, though policies can get out of hand at times.

I really enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I had a lot of fun with them. Having the responsibility to be professional took its toll at times, as patrons expected different responses as I was inclined to give. Sometimes I did not receive adequate information on how to deal with certain situations, but in these times I had a respectful supervisor to aid me. All in all, a great work experience.

Pros

Great supervisors, co-workers and atmosphere.

Cons

Dealing with patrons at times deemed difficult.

Helpful and friendly work place

It was a valuable experience as an intern student to work with the city. Everyone at work was friendly and always willing to help or point me toward the right direction for it. The work environment and culture were great with some flexibility. It was an enjoyable and eye opening experience to talked to some of the senior engineers and learned from their experience.

Good benefits, fun people

4 day work week is awesome, good experience. good people. learned how to troubleshoot and read electrical drawings well.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Pay is sometimes lower than industry

it was one of my first jobs and i got paid weekly.

I was moved around a lot with this company but it within the plant.

I worked for a good company good all around experience. I learned a lot about different types of equipment how to change oil and grease them up my co-workers were friendly I worker by myself and always got my job done on time it was a good experience.

Pros

close to my home

Great Leaning Opportunity

City of Saskatoon allowed for me to build my skills in management to better further myself. My days varied - no day was the same with what was needed to be done. The management was not always clear as to what they wanted from their team. Co-workers were great, often stressed and overworked. The hardest part of the job was the management The most enjoyable part were the co-workers.

Pros

Great Benefits and Wage

Cons

Poor Management

good work

I really enjoyed it the staff was friendly, I learn't how to paint and powder coat,and seeing the boss smiled

Pros

overtime

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement