City of Saskatoon, SK logo
City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

physical fastpace

shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms

Pros

get in shape

Cons

job security

Nice people

Nice supervisor and nice colleagues , enjoy my work ,help residents ,fix the road. Clean the city,park. Fix the back alleys take obstacle away from road

This is a great job

This is a great job. It is easy to work around my schedule. Great people. Easy to talk to. Always nice to deal with new people that are taking there time to help out the Community they live in.

Worked in pool area

The hardest part of working for the City of Saskatoon was cleaning the pool with the vaccumn. Arrived at work, empty the garbage, added chemicals to pool filter, janitorial work, event set up and clean up. The most enjoyable part of the job was working and meeting with new people. Managment was always available whenever I had a question or concern.

Pros

working outside

Cons

getting up at 4 am

Easy un-rewarding work

It was very easy working with the city, but did not offer many rewarding challenges. It was hard to go to work knowing nothing I was going to do was going to be a challenge.

Productive an fun work place

Normal working day except few days. More experience on how to intereact with the community/public and contractor. Ability to manage assigned project effectively. Hardest part of the job is when one have to work on various weather conditions. Workplace culture is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when one have to share experience with fellow colleagues.

Cons

Normal working hours except few days

it was good overall place to work

they were ok.went threw alot of employees somrtimes they werent real organized but it was very fast paced work.ost part there were good people there.

Pros

good work

Cons

rain delays

Very fun job with great people!

This was one of my most enjoyable jobs, the job itself was great and the people were very fun to work with. I loved that there was multiple positions offered with guest services.

Management was in cooperative Could be hard to please all Civic Employees

Hardest part of the job was almost always having an audience and getting orders from subordinates. Management was close minded and unwilling to listen to concerns

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyable place to work. Lots of breaks. Good management. The city focuses on safety. It is our number one priority. The job can take longer as long as everything is done safely

Recreation 8 - Available Part Time

Trusted with nothing, asked to do lowest level of work or sometimes nothing at all. Often sit on my hands during shifts because there are no duties to be done beyond minding the facility.

High stress environment

The desire to ensure the customer is always right above and beyond established policies and procedures creates a stressful work environment. The corporation as a whole also tends to be reactive instead of proactive

Pros

Wage allows me to earn a decent living. My immediate supervisor is fantastic

Cons

Lack of support from management

Good company to work for

Overall good experience, typical union red tape, good pay, good benifits. However, once you understand the job, not much changes

Pros

Double time OT

friendly staff manadgement

we are trustworthy have integrity and have respect for all employes and the general public.We have enough work that time goes by fast., not to many duties that you have to rush and make duties unsafe.We consentrate on work safty,an fesical well being.The city has great support system for all employes

Pros

geat benifits and pension

Cons

with shedualle hard to find 2nd job

gym supervisor

Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.

Fun

Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.

Easy and stress-free work environement

Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits

Pros

Being a part of the union

Cons

Not enough work hours

Productive, respectable workplace

A grat deal of work making sure the city is running well, devoid of hazards, accidents and problematic issues. Quick responce to arising issues be it natural or man caused.

Pros

Get to know the city more and how things are handled.

Productive, important work

Went out with surveyors to various contract sites around the city to ensure contractors were up to engineering standards. Mostly road-work, ensuring that sewer and storm pipes were put in place properly, but dealt with land development a little too. Well-organized, fun and casual workplace among the surveyors.

Pros

discounts on civic centre memberships

Cons

public are mildly hostile to city workers

Fun and productive

Fun to be with all the other lifeguards and swimming teachers. need to be a good roll model for the public as we are always in public eye. always busy doing something, never a dull moment at any of the city facilities.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement