City of Saskatoon, SK
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Working at City of Saskatoon, SK: Latest City of Saskatoon, SK Reviews

Canada106 reviews

citysupervisorfuncultureexperiencefriendlycoworkerslot

Job security and good benefits

I enjoy working here and like that your home every night. Has good benefits and decent pay. Good work environment. Made some friends here and supervisors are helpful.

Pros

4 ten hour shifts

Cons

Working in extreme conditions

Fun atmosphere

Small office environment. Fun people to work with. Answered the phone. Gave directions to how to get to the office. Booked meetings for the boardroom.

Insights into City of Saskatoon, SK

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun, low stress workplace

Typical day: Reviewing emails Running scheduled tasks Printing bills and invoices for the people of Saskatoon Many opportunities within the city for possible advancement.

Pros

Availability of online training

Cons

minimum of a Bachelors degree

Best company I have ever worked for

Management was not afraid to back his employees up when nobody else would. Respectful work environment and worked with a great group of guys, that were fun to be around. All of the employees knew what their job was and did it very well. The customer service was outstanding, always willing to help in whatever way we could. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the little towns and which bus goes where. STC was a great company, and this province will miss it.

Pros

1 hour luches, friendly employees

Cons

you meet some irritating and unruly customers

fun, fast paced working environment

a typical day of work can consist of multiple rush sequences, everyone works as a team and works to better benefit each other and the company by selling and making profit for the business.

Pros

$12.00 free lunch charge for each shift.

Cons

Heated Kitchen, in one position for

Fun and productive atmosphere. Good place to learn new skills

A very safety orientated place to work with high regard for their employees. All safety equipment is provided by them. everyone is very friendly and willing to help you if needed.

working experience was awsome

i loved the environment except one thing that I was working alone so my management will never able to know my abilities and they have to judge me on some random basis as they never worked with me physically.

Highly Recommended

Great place to work, very organized with no room for half-effort(s). Great management. Meetings are always productive/useful, as well. Ideal for full-time or shift-work.

Pros

City Hall Cafeteria

Cons

Equipment

Great workplace

You are always surrounded by excellent co-workers that are always ready to help out. The majority of customers are friendly and are excited to use city facilities.

physical fastpace

shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms

Pros

get in shape

Cons

job security

Nice people

Nice supervisor and nice colleagues , enjoy my work ,help residents ,fix the road. Clean the city,park. Fix the back alleys take obstacle away from road

This is a great job

This is a great job. It is easy to work around my schedule. Great people. Easy to talk to. Always nice to deal with new people that are taking there time to help out the Community they live in.

Worked in pool area

The hardest part of working for the City of Saskatoon was cleaning the pool with the vaccumn. Arrived at work, empty the garbage, added chemicals to pool filter, janitorial work, event set up and clean up. The most enjoyable part of the job was working and meeting with new people. Managment was always available whenever I had a question or concern.

Pros

working outside

Cons

getting up at 4 am

Easy un-rewarding work

It was very easy working with the city, but did not offer many rewarding challenges. It was hard to go to work knowing nothing I was going to do was going to be a challenge.

Productive an fun work place

Normal working day except few days. More experience on how to intereact with the community/public and contractor. Ability to manage assigned project effectively. Hardest part of the job is when one have to work on various weather conditions. Workplace culture is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when one have to share experience with fellow colleagues.

Cons

Normal working hours except few days

it was good overall place to work

they were ok.went threw alot of employees somrtimes they werent real organized but it was very fast paced work.ost part there were good people there.

Pros

good work

Cons

rain delays

Very fun job with great people!

This was one of my most enjoyable jobs, the job itself was great and the people were very fun to work with. I loved that there was multiple positions offered with guest services.

Management was in cooperative Could be hard to please all Civic Employees

Hardest part of the job was almost always having an audience and getting orders from subordinates. Management was close minded and unwilling to listen to concerns

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyable place to work. Lots of breaks. Good management. The city focuses on safety. It is our number one priority. The job can take longer as long as everything is done safely

Recreation 8 - Available Part Time

Trusted with nothing, asked to do lowest level of work or sometimes nothing at all. Often sit on my hands during shifts because there are no duties to be done beyond minding the facility.

High stress environment

The desire to ensure the customer is always right above and beyond established policies and procedures creates a stressful work environment. The corporation as a whole also tends to be reactive instead of proactive

Pros

Wage allows me to earn a decent living. My immediate supervisor is fantastic

Cons

Lack of support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement