City of Saskatoon, SK logo
City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place and there so many opportunity for growth

I enjoyed my work here, the management is good and my coworkers are supportive. I miss my work here and given a chance i would still work here at City of Saskatoon

Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.

A real eye opener

I worked for 6 years as a para transit bus driver. It was extremely difficult job to be good at. The schedules were virtually impossible to keep up with. Dealing with clients with physical and mental issues can be a very scary thing. Management did not back the drivers ever when there were complaints from clients. High stress

Good benefits and safety matters

The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!

great place to work.

it is a great place to work everyone is so nice everyone suports each other and encourages one another it is nice to learn something every day you work

Easy going workplace and relaxed environment

I work at the sign shop which is a very nice and relaxed environment to work. the people are good and the supervisors are great, supportive and helpful.

Excellent work culture and supportive staff

City of Saskatoon provides work opportunities and strong platform for enhancing professional careers. Enforce to balance personal as well as professional life.

Productive work environment

-Go out and make sure things are running smoothly in the city. -Get jobs for the day and complete them. -All depends on where you are and what you are doing for the day, but it usually is relaxed and not stressful.

Repetitive Union Based Work

The parks division is very unorganized making day to day work sometimes difficult. The workplace was overall decent making days go by quickly, the hardest part of the day was just getting to work.

Good place to work, not enough hours

The environment was good, the people were great, the job was fun. The only problem was the hours were minimal because it was teaching kids how to skate and it was on the opposite side of town as me. So going all the wa over there for 4 days of the week for an hour - an hour and a half at a time was not worth it. No problems with management or the job. Good for people who are on that side of town and are looking for a first job.

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

It's good if you're a robot

Don't ever be late. Don't get sick too often. Certainly don't care about your job because that isn't what they want. Do what you're told and never show initiative. as far as your co-workers go you're either in the in crowd or you're not. not a good place for anyone with a mental disability.

City of Saskatoon was a great place to work, training for departments was excellent, many areas for advancement.

The people, work, and training is well implemented with opportunities for advancements. Would still be working there, however due to relocation to Winnipeg, was not able to stay..

Summer Position - pays well

Very fun and a site manager as the job duties were vast and never had a dull moment. City workers are always treated well and the compensation is fantastic. Only con would be that it is unionized.

Need to be able to handle stressful situations

time management is a major task at this employer, working a lot of hours and split shifts are required. working alone and handling many different situations during your shift while working and dealing the public are the major factors in this job.

Fullfilling job with great financial benefits

With the amount of leisure facilities in the city, this is an awesome job for a person who doesn't like to stay in one place for long periods of time.

Work Placement

Excellent place to work while on my work placement program, just unfortunate there was no job guarantee. Lots of work to be done, no real sense of urgency strangely enough

Very vibrant work culture.

I started in the city of Saskatoon as a temporary labor. I had all the college qualifications to become the plant operator. The management were very helpful in keeping me informed about all the certifications i should acquire in order to apply for the job in operations at the water or waste water treatment plants. When the opportunity arrived I had everything ready to be a successful candidate. I worked both at the water and waste water treatment plants in the city of Saskatoon and my experience was simply put awesome.

Pros

Great opportunities within the city, great work culture, provides safe workplace.

Secretary 2

I was brought on board for specialized duties. The diversity team saw that i had knowledge that could be utilized in entering data to the employee database over a period of 9 months. I was invited to my schools career fair workshop for the city of Saskatoon as a working example for after training. I did the first screening for the temporary seasonal recruitment process from start to completion.

transit was rewarding

23 years serving the city was a career liked the regulars on a daily bases a growing city environment co-workers social events put on by the transit social

Pros

serving the city

Cons

winter driving

Toxic!!

Working for the city is stressful. They are bullies. They lie, threaten and bully their employees. They will go as far as making up pages of lies to have you suspended.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management makes up lies bc they love to bully people, no one knows what they are doing. Complete joke.

excellent experience

I loved working for the City of Saskatoon as well as the YWCA. I was treated very well. The focus was on client satisfaction as well as staff learning and wellbeing.

Pros

variable shift options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement