City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

High stress, toxic management

Job itself can be very stressful. Management add a lot of unnecessary stress. Great group of co workers. Lots of split shifts, very difficult to get weekends off. Holidays are based on seniority making it difficult to get desirable time off. (Winter and summer holidays)

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stress, split shifts, hard to get time off, management.

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

not productive not fun stressful

bad experience in the city transit maintenance I feel I am not welcome to work here the management it's so very stressful I should quit earlier my mistake I'm trying to kill the pain it took me 8 years before I realize I do not belong here

Pros

no free

Cons

stressful

excellent place to work

Good environment when it comes to having opportunities for advancement. The best thing about it is work/life balance. Great working outside and very friendly enviroment

Pros

gives you working experience

Cons

same routine

Supportive work environment

All the areas work together to help each other, even if the job itself is independent. Everyone is supportive and helps each other grow and become better at their job or help advance each others careers. everyone is well respected, and our opinions do not go unnoticed.

Fun and functional place to work.

This was a fun and upbeat place to work. I made my own choreography and chose my own music. I had freedom to teach the way I felt comfortable. Always encouraging!

Productive and fast paced work place with so much to contribute for the betterment of society and citizens.

- Collaborative - Data Analysis, Advance Policy Preparation, Writing Reports - Inclusive Culture - Working on projects which directly and positively impacts the citizens

Pros

Collaborative Work Culture

Cons

Fast paced workplace

Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.

Excellent work culture and supportive staff

City of Saskatoon provides work opportunities and strong platform for enhancing professional careers. Enforce to balance personal as well as professional life.

Productive work environment

-Go out and make sure things are running smoothly in the city. -Get jobs for the day and complete them. -All depends on where you are and what you are doing for the day, but it usually is relaxed and not stressful.

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

Good place to work, not enough hours

The environment was good, the people were great, the job was fun. The only problem was the hours were minimal because it was teaching kids how to skate and it was on the opposite side of town as me. So going all the wa over there for 4 days of the week for an hour - an hour and a half at a time was not worth it. No problems with management or the job. Good for people who are on that side of town and are looking for a first job.

City of Saskatoon was a great place to work, training for departments was excellent, many areas for advancement.

The people, work, and training is well implemented with opportunities for advancements. Would still be working there, however due to relocation to Winnipeg, was not able to stay..

a typical day at work

A typical day at work for me would be to arrive at 8:09 and work on work that has been assigned to me throughout the day. Some of the work I do is research on projects, which I do enjoy. I do not get to interact with the public as much in my job as I did in previous positions. I miss this a lot as I like to work with others and help and guide them. Typically, throughout the day, I will take breaks often to get away from the computer. Sitting is too hard on the body and being an active person like myself, I need to move around a lot. The work I do is very interesting as it deals with managing the assets of the City. I never realized how much Infrastructure we have in our City. Maintaining this Infrastructure is important as we need to have make sure the services we offer are in good working condition. Everyday, I am very glad to be part of the team.

Pros

EDO get off every third Friday

Cons

The work place culture, not every is accepted.

Fun, low stress workplace

Typical day: Reviewing emails Running scheduled tasks Printing bills and invoices for the people of Saskatoon Many opportunities within the city for possible advancement.

Pros

Availability of online training

Cons

minimum of a Bachelors degree

fun, fast paced working environment

a typical day of work can consist of multiple rush sequences, everyone works as a team and works to better benefit each other and the company by selling and making profit for the business.

Pros

$12.00 free lunch charge for each shift.

Cons

Heated Kitchen, in one position for

Highly Recommended

Great place to work, very organized with no room for half-effort(s). Great management. Meetings are always productive/useful, as well. Ideal for full-time or shift-work.

Pros

City Hall Cafeteria

Cons

Equipment

Great workplace

You are always surrounded by excellent co-workers that are always ready to help out. The majority of customers are friendly and are excited to use city facilities.

physical fastpace

shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms

Pros

get in shape

Cons

job security

This is a great job

This is a great job. It is easy to work around my schedule. Great people. Easy to talk to. Always nice to deal with new people that are taking there time to help out the Community they live in.

Easy un-rewarding work

It was very easy working with the city, but did not offer many rewarding challenges. It was hard to go to work knowing nothing I was going to do was going to be a challenge.

I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.

Pros

four ten hour shifts

Cons

pay is not enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare City of Saskatoon, SK with

City of Saskatoon, SK Reviews by Location

• City of Saskatoon, SK
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?