City of Saskatoon, SK

Canada104 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

citysupervisorfuncultureexperiencefriendlycoworkerslot

Job security and good benefits

I enjoy working here and like that your home every night. Has good benefits and decent pay. Good work environment. Made some friends here and supervisors are helpful.

Pros

4 ten hour shifts

Cons

Working in extreme conditions

Fun place to work

I had a great time working for the city. My only reason for leaving is that I had to take care of my children for a some. Great place to work for. Good pay aswell

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hours

Insights into City of Saskatoon, SK

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Relaxed outdoor work with a team environment

I enjoyed my work as a seasonal labourer. Although the job can be physically demanding, you get to be outside all day in the summer and can take pride in maintaining our city's wonderful parks. Management can be hard to deal with, and the culture can be clique-y, but overall it's a fun place to work. Beware that as a seasonal employee, you don't qualify for benefits. I worked for them for 6 years and never qualified because I didn't have enough CONSECUTIVE hours.

Pros

every third Friday off (EDO), outdoors

Cons

no benefits

High stress, toxic management

Job itself can be very stressful. Management add a lot of unnecessary stress. Great group of co workers. Lots of split shifts, very difficult to get weekends off. Holidays are based on seniority making it difficult to get desirable time off. (Winter and summer holidays)

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stress, split shifts, hard to get time off, management.

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

Great Place to Work!

Loved working here it was very fun, very flexible and good pay. Casual hours for the job, but the job its self was also very casual and laid back. Afternoon hours.

It's Ok.

Work conditions are good. Not much for supervision which is nice. Salary,time off is good. Co workers are easy to get along with. If you need a job it's a good place to work.

Best Place to work

Really wonderful work culture. Amazing support from Management. Very well paid and benefits as well.awesome coworkers. Once you start here to work no one leaves until retirement

Friend;ly work place

The salary is great and the co-workers and supervisors are very friendly. It is a place that one can develop his or her career. They organised internal training for staff at all times.

Low moral and top heavy management.

First 6 years were exciting. Alot of various jobs. Management was a bit much. They throw away thousands of dollars away on poor ideas from city hall, and nickle and dime employees. Poor leadership and low moral was a huge problem. Worked there for 18 years.

Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.

Good benefits and safety matters

The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!

Good place to work, not enough hours

The environment was good, the people were great, the job was fun. The only problem was the hours were minimal because it was teaching kids how to skate and it was on the opposite side of town as me. So going all the wa over there for 4 days of the week for an hour - an hour and a half at a time was not worth it. No problems with management or the job. Good for people who are on that side of town and are looking for a first job.

Summer Position - pays well

Very fun and a site manager as the job duties were vast and never had a dull moment. City workers are always treated well and the compensation is fantastic. Only con would be that it is unionized.

Fullfilling job with great financial benefits

With the amount of leisure facilities in the city, this is an awesome job for a person who doesn't like to stay in one place for long periods of time.

Toxic!!

Working for the city is stressful. They are bullies. They lie, threaten and bully their employees. They will go as far as making up pages of lies to have you suspended.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management makes up lies bc they love to bully people, no one knows what they are doing. Complete joke.

Enjoyable

Great place to work, pay is good. Safety is up to standard. Sometimes management seems disconnected with regular staff but it only hinders departments rarely.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad culture

Decent short-term job but management is a mess

With overtime a lot of money can be made with the City but there is little incentive to improve or even care at all about your work. Extremely little accountability and promotions seem to go to the worst possible people. It's okay for a short while but I wouldn't stick around too long.

Union job

Union based. Quotas are really low to achieve and exceeding them gets you in trouble. Lost my job because I wanted to excel. Let go days before my 3 month period was almost finished so they could fire me with no cause.

Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities

While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.

Pros

Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.

Good company to work for

Overall good experience, typical union red tape, good pay, good benifits. However, once you understand the job, not much changes

Pros

Double time OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement