City of Saskatoon, SK logo

City of Saskatoon, SK Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

Great Place to Work!

Loved working here it was very fun, very flexible and good pay. Casual hours for the job, but the job its self was also very casual and laid back. Afternoon hours.

It's Ok.

Work conditions are good. Not much for supervision which is nice. Salary,time off is good. Co workers are easy to get along with. If you need a job it's a good place to work.

Best Place to work

Really wonderful work culture. Amazing support from Management. Very well paid and benefits as well.awesome coworkers. Once you start here to work no one leaves until retirement

Friend;ly work place

The salary is great and the co-workers and supervisors are very friendly. It is a place that one can develop his or her career. They organised internal training for staff at all times.

Low moral and top heavy management.

First 6 years were exciting. Alot of various jobs. Management was a bit much. They throw away thousands of dollars away on poor ideas from city hall, and nickle and dime employees. Poor leadership and low moral was a huge problem. Worked there for 18 years.

Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.

Good benefits and safety matters

The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!

Good place to work, not enough hours

The environment was good, the people were great, the job was fun. The only problem was the hours were minimal because it was teaching kids how to skate and it was on the opposite side of town as me. So going all the wa over there for 4 days of the week for an hour - an hour and a half at a time was not worth it. No problems with management or the job. Good for people who are on that side of town and are looking for a first job.

Summer Position - pays well

Very fun and a site manager as the job duties were vast and never had a dull moment. City workers are always treated well and the compensation is fantastic. Only con would be that it is unionized.

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

Fullfilling job with great financial benefits

With the amount of leisure facilities in the city, this is an awesome job for a person who doesn't like to stay in one place for long periods of time.

Toxic!!

Working for the city is stressful. They are bullies. They lie, threaten and bully their employees. They will go as far as making up pages of lies to have you suspended.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management makes up lies bc they love to bully people, no one knows what they are doing. Complete joke.

Enjoyable

Great place to work, pay is good. Safety is up to standard. Sometimes management seems disconnected with regular staff but it only hinders departments rarely.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad culture

Decent short-term job but management is a mess

With overtime a lot of money can be made with the City but there is little incentive to improve or even care at all about your work. Extremely little accountability and promotions seem to go to the worst possible people. It's okay for a short while but I wouldn't stick around too long.

Union job

Union based. Quotas are really low to achieve and exceeding them gets you in trouble. Lost my job because I wanted to excel. Let go days before my 3 month period was almost finished so they could fire me with no cause.

Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities

While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.

Pros

Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyable place to work. Lots of breaks. Good management. The city focuses on safety. It is our number one priority. The job can take longer as long as everything is done safely

Good company to work for

Overall good experience, typical union red tape, good pay, good benifits. However, once you understand the job, not much changes

Pros

Double time OT

friendly staff manadgement

we are trustworthy have integrity and have respect for all employes and the general public.We have enough work that time goes by fast., not to many duties that you have to rush and make duties unsafe.We consentrate on work safty,an fesical well being.The city has great support system for all employes

Pros

geat benifits and pension

Cons

with shedualle hard to find 2nd job

gym supervisor

Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.

Easy and stress-free work environement

Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits

Pros

Being a part of the union

Cons

Not enough work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement