City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Management reviews

Clear

High stress, toxic management

Job itself can be very stressful. Management add a lot of unnecessary stress. Great group of co workers. Lots of split shifts, very difficult to get weekends off. Holidays are based on seniority making it difficult to get desirable time off. (Winter and summer holidays)

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stress, split shifts, hard to get time off, management.

not productive not fun stressful

bad experience in the city transit maintenance I feel I am not welcome to work here the management it's so very stressful I should quit earlier my mistake I'm trying to kill the pain it took me 8 years before I realize I do not belong here

Pros

no free

Cons

stressful

Productive and fun work place and there so many opportunity for growth

I enjoyed my work here, the management is good and my coworkers are supportive. I miss my work here and given a chance i would still work here at City of Saskatoon

Micromanaged through the roof

Manager doesnt know what they are doing, director makes comments that are untruthful, showed true colors during covid. This place is very micromanaged not allowed to have a thought of your own and, the trainer has been there since highschool and if you bring up some ideas to implement during training they get defensive. Most people stay there for the money because they are stuck st this point. Managment in the last 5 years is the worst!

Job is good.

I like going to work every morning. My coworkers are great and very helpful. Management leaves something to be desired sometimes and interdepartmental communication is bad. Still a great place to work.

Best Place to work

Really wonderful work culture. Amazing support from Management. Very well paid and benefits as well.awesome coworkers. Once you start here to work no one leaves until retirement

Rigid workplace with detailed expectations

Lifeguarding is a good fit to get through university. Through my time with the City I watched the work environment gradually increase in micromanagement of employees' time. However not all personality types are suited to both interacting with the public, and teaching children to swim. It is a very involved job.

Low moral and top heavy management.

First 6 years were exciting. Alot of various jobs. Management was a bit much. They throw away thousands of dollars away on poor ideas from city hall, and nickle and dime employees. Poor leadership and low moral was a huge problem. Worked there for 18 years.

A real eye opener

I worked for 6 years as a para transit bus driver. It was extremely difficult job to be good at. The schedules were virtually impossible to keep up with. Dealing with clients with physical and mental issues can be a very scary thing. Management did not back the drivers ever when there were complaints from clients. High stress

Good benefits and safety matters

The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

Good place to work, not enough hours

The environment was good, the people were great, the job was fun. The only problem was the hours were minimal because it was teaching kids how to skate and it was on the opposite side of town as me. So going all the wa over there for 4 days of the week for an hour - an hour and a half at a time was not worth it. No problems with management or the job. Good for people who are on that side of town and are looking for a first job.

It's good if you're a robot

Don't ever be late. Don't get sick too often. Certainly don't care about your job because that isn't what they want. Do what you're told and never show initiative. as far as your co-workers go you're either in the in crowd or you're not. not a good place for anyone with a mental disability.

Need to be able to handle stressful situations

time management is a major task at this employer, working a lot of hours and split shifts are required. working alone and handling many different situations during your shift while working and dealing the public are the major factors in this job.

Very vibrant work culture.

I started in the city of Saskatoon as a temporary labor. I had all the college qualifications to become the plant operator. The management were very helpful in keeping me informed about all the certifications i should acquire in order to apply for the job in operations at the water or waste water treatment plants. When the opportunity arrived I had everything ready to be a successful candidate. I worked both at the water and waste water treatment plants in the city of Saskatoon and my experience was simply put awesome.

Pros

Great opportunities within the city, great work culture, provides safe workplace.

Toxic!!

Working for the city is stressful. They are bullies. They lie, threaten and bully their employees. They will go as far as making up pages of lies to have you suspended.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management makes up lies bc they love to bully people, no one knows what they are doing. Complete joke.

Enjoyable

Great place to work, pay is good. Safety is up to standard. Sometimes management seems disconnected with regular staff but it only hinders departments rarely.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad culture

Good Pay work is not that hard!!

Only thing bad about working for the Parks Dept. is most jobs are only seasonal...Management does not always listen to employees..The part i like most about working for the city is that i ;earned to operate different types of equipment.

Pros

Good Place to work

Cons

Not full-time

micro managed to death

all the joy is stripped from management. It is micro managed to a point where days off were denied because the manager didn't want to do the paperwork.

Inclusive and positive work place.

Inclusive and positive work environment. Has a union and follows union standards. Management can be mildly disorganized but is overall successful. More promotion of the branch's services at schools and public places could improve attendance at summer youth centers. Enjoyable people to work with.

Pros

inclusive work place

Cons

mild struggles with organization and timelines

working experience was awsome

i loved the environment except one thing that I was working alone so my management will never able to know my abilities and they have to judge me on some random basis as they never worked with me physically.

Highly Recommended

Great place to work, very organized with no room for half-effort(s). Great management. Meetings are always productive/useful, as well. Ideal for full-time or shift-work.

Pros

City Hall Cafeteria

Cons

Equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare City of Saskatoon, SK with

City of Saskatoon, SK Reviews by Location

• City of Saskatoon, SK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?