City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

excellent place to work

Good environment when it comes to having opportunities for advancement. The best thing about it is work/life balance. Great working outside and very friendly enviroment

Pros

gives you working experience

Cons

same routine

Fun and excitement

Every thing doing well and I love working with them, very friendly and we have some fun. My co worker and I help us each other, my supervisor thought me a lot.

Pros

Big salary

Cons

Hot inside pool area

Recruitment process dragged on and on

I applied for the same engineering position twice at the City.For the first time I applied, the interview was more than a month after the posting closed. Then it took a month after the interview in order to get a firm answer on the outcome. Very painful.For the second time I applied, it took them 3 months to try to decide what to do with recruiting the position, and they ultimately cancelled the process. Pretty lame, and real lack of communication from a large organization.

Supportive work environment

All the areas work together to help each other, even if the job itself is independent. Everyone is supportive and helps each other grow and become better at their job or help advance each others careers. everyone is well respected, and our opinions do not go unnoticed.

Very friendly staff to work with great job experience Outdoor work Relaxed work environment Fair pay Unfortunately only seasonal employment and would prefer full time I recommend to work for city

Productive and fast paced work place with so much to contribute for the betterment of society and citizens.

- Collaborative - Data Analysis, Advance Policy Preparation, Writing Reports - Inclusive Culture - Working on projects which directly and positively impacts the citizens

Pros

Collaborative Work Culture

Cons

Fast paced workplace

Friend;ly work place

The salary is great and the co-workers and supervisors are very friendly. It is a place that one can develop his or her career. They organised internal training for staff at all times.

Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.

Good benefits and safety matters

The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!

Excellent work culture and supportive staff

City of Saskatoon provides work opportunities and strong platform for enhancing professional careers. Enforce to balance personal as well as professional life.

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

City of Saskatoon was a great place to work, training for departments was excellent, many areas for advancement.

The people, work, and training is well implemented with opportunities for advancements. Would still be working there, however due to relocation to Winnipeg, was not able to stay..

Work Placement

Excellent place to work while on my work placement program, just unfortunate there was no job guarantee. Lots of work to be done, no real sense of urgency strangely enough

Very vibrant work culture.

I started in the city of Saskatoon as a temporary labor. I had all the college qualifications to become the plant operator. The management were very helpful in keeping me informed about all the certifications i should acquire in order to apply for the job in operations at the water or waste water treatment plants. When the opportunity arrived I had everything ready to be a successful candidate. I worked both at the water and waste water treatment plants in the city of Saskatoon and my experience was simply put awesome.

Pros

Great opportunities within the city, great work culture, provides safe workplace.

Secretary 2

I was brought on board for specialized duties. The diversity team saw that i had knowledge that could be utilized in entering data to the employee database over a period of 9 months. I was invited to my schools career fair workshop for the city of Saskatoon as a working example for after training. I did the first screening for the temporary seasonal recruitment process from start to completion.

transit was rewarding

23 years serving the city was a career liked the regulars on a daily bases a growing city environment co-workers social events put on by the transit social

Pros

serving the city

Cons

winter driving

micro managed to death

all the joy is stripped from management. It is micro managed to a point where days off were denied because the manager didn't want to do the paperwork.

Decent short-term job but management is a mess

With overtime a lot of money can be made with the City but there is little incentive to improve or even care at all about your work. Extremely little accountability and promotions seem to go to the worst possible people. It's okay for a short while but I wouldn't stick around too long.

Inclusive and positive work place.

Inclusive and positive work environment. Has a union and follows union standards. Management can be mildly disorganized but is overall successful. More promotion of the branch's services at schools and public places could improve attendance at summer youth centers. Enjoyable people to work with.

Pros

inclusive work place

Cons

mild struggles with organization and timelines

Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities

While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.

Pros

Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.

Fun, low stress workplace

Typical day: Reviewing emails Running scheduled tasks Printing bills and invoices for the people of Saskatoon Many opportunities within the city for possible advancement.

Pros

Availability of online training

Cons

minimum of a Bachelors degree

physical fastpace

shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms

Pros

get in shape

Cons

job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement