City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Culture reviews

Clear

Productive and fun work place and there so many opportunity for growth

I enjoyed my work here, the management is good and my coworkers are supportive. I miss my work here and given a chance i would still work here at City of Saskatoon

Fun and functional place to work.

This was a fun and upbeat place to work. I made my own choreography and chose my own music. I had freedom to teach the way I felt comfortable. Always encouraging!

Nice gym community

Working for the city of Saskatoon fitness centres has been great! Flexible hours for work, free gym membership for trainers, and great parking too. I highly recommend applying if you have the proper qualifications

Very friendly staff to work with great job experience Outdoor work Relaxed work environment Fair pay Unfortunately only seasonal employment and would prefer full time I recommend to work for city

Good

It was a good experience for me especially right after I finished my office schooling. I did enjoy the other people that I worked closely with and the building was nice and old.

Job is good.

I like going to work every morning. My coworkers are great and very helpful. Management leaves something to be desired sometimes and interdepartmental communication is bad. Still a great place to work.

Best Place to work

Really wonderful work culture. Amazing support from Management. Very well paid and benefits as well.awesome coworkers. Once you start here to work no one leaves until retirement

Productive and fast paced work place with so much to contribute for the betterment of society and citizens.

- Collaborative - Data Analysis, Advance Policy Preparation, Writing Reports - Inclusive Culture - Working on projects which directly and positively impacts the citizens

Pros

Collaborative Work Culture

Cons

Fast paced workplace

Friend;ly work place

The salary is great and the co-workers and supervisors are very friendly. It is a place that one can develop his or her career. They organised internal training for staff at all times.

great place to work.

it is a great place to work everyone is so nice everyone suports each other and encourages one another it is nice to learn something every day you work

Jobs at City of Saskatoon, SK

See more jobs

Easy going workplace and relaxed environment

I work at the sign shop which is a very nice and relaxed environment to work. the people are good and the supervisors are great, supportive and helpful.

Repetitive Union Based Work

The parks division is very unorganized making day to day work sometimes difficult. The workplace was overall decent making days go by quickly, the hardest part of the day was just getting to work.

Very vibrant work culture.

I started in the city of Saskatoon as a temporary labor. I had all the college qualifications to become the plant operator. The management were very helpful in keeping me informed about all the certifications i should acquire in order to apply for the job in operations at the water or waste water treatment plants. When the opportunity arrived I had everything ready to be a successful candidate. I worked both at the water and waste water treatment plants in the city of Saskatoon and my experience was simply put awesome.

Pros

Great opportunities within the city, great work culture, provides safe workplace.

Enjoyable

Great place to work, pay is good. Safety is up to standard. Sometimes management seems disconnected with regular staff but it only hinders departments rarely.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad culture

Good seasonal work.

Love my job as an operator. Duties are flexible as you can go from operating equipment to helping out with horticulture duties. Just wish that there were more full time positions available in my department.

a typical day at work

A typical day at work for me would be to arrive at 8:09 and work on work that has been assigned to me throughout the day. Some of the work I do is research on projects, which I do enjoy. I do not get to interact with the public as much in my job as I did in previous positions. I miss this a lot as I like to work with others and help and guide them. Typically, throughout the day, I will take breaks often to get away from the computer. Sitting is too hard on the body and being an active person like myself, I need to move around a lot. The work I do is very interesting as it deals with managing the assets of the City. I never realized how much Infrastructure we have in our City. Maintaining this Infrastructure is important as we need to have make sure the services we offer are in good working condition. Everyday, I am very glad to be part of the team.

Pros

EDO get off every third Friday

Cons

The work place culture, not every is accepted.

Unprofessional Environment

The city has lots of great people that care about the overall well being and delivery of services to citizens. Unfortunately, the culture and work environment is toxic.

Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities

While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.

Pros

Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.

Highly Recommended

Great place to work, very organized with no room for half-effort(s). Great management. Meetings are always productive/useful, as well. Ideal for full-time or shift-work.

Pros

City Hall Cafeteria

Cons

Equipment

Great workplace

You are always surrounded by excellent co-workers that are always ready to help out. The majority of customers are friendly and are excited to use city facilities.

physical fastpace

shift work, lots of physical labour, good people to work with all cultures, staff, patrons, good advancement if work good. cleaning decks, floors, exercise equipment, bathrooms

Pros

get in shape

Cons

job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare City of Saskatoon, SK with

City of Saskatoon, SK Reviews by Location

• City of Saskatoon, SK
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?