City of Saskatoon, SK logo
City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews for Laborer

Productive and fun work place and there so many opportunity for growth

I enjoyed my work here, the management is good and my coworkers are supportive. I miss my work here and given a chance i would still work here at City of Saskatoon

excellent place to work

Good environment when it comes to having opportunities for advancement. The best thing about it is work/life balance. Great working outside and very friendly enviroment

Pros

gives you working experience

Cons

same routine

Low moral and top heavy management.

First 6 years were exciting. Alot of various jobs. Management was a bit much. They throw away thousands of dollars away on poor ideas from city hall, and nickle and dime employees. Poor leadership and low moral was a huge problem. Worked there for 18 years.

great place to work.

it is a great place to work everyone is so nice everyone suports each other and encourages one another it is nice to learn something every day you work

Productive work environment

-Go out and make sure things are running smoothly in the city. -Get jobs for the day and complete them. -All depends on where you are and what you are doing for the day, but it usually is relaxed and not stressful.

Repetitive Union Based Work

The parks division is very unorganized making day to day work sometimes difficult. The workplace was overall decent making days go by quickly, the hardest part of the day was just getting to work.

It's good if you're a robot

Don't ever be late. Don't get sick too often. Certainly don't care about your job because that isn't what they want. Do what you're told and never show initiative. as far as your co-workers go you're either in the in crowd or you're not. not a good place for anyone with a mental disability.

Fun and productive atmosphere. Good place to learn new skills

A very safety orientated place to work with high regard for their employees. All safety equipment is provided by them. everyone is very friendly and willing to help you if needed.

Nice people

Nice supervisor and nice colleagues , enjoy my work ,help residents ,fix the road. Clean the city,park. Fix the back alleys take obstacle away from road

Easy un-rewarding work

It was very easy working with the city, but did not offer many rewarding challenges. It was hard to go to work knowing nothing I was going to do was going to be a challenge.

Fun

Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.

Parks and Recs

Summer job with the City of Saskatoon . cleaned up Shelter Belts , pruined trees and shrubs , cut hedges , maintained parks area, worked under no supervision.

I worked for a good company good all around experience. I learned a lot about different types of equipment how to change oil and grease them up my co-workers were friendly I worker by myself and always got my job done on time it was a good experience.

Pros

close to my home

positive work enviroment

my job duties differed day to day . i learned alot of different things and had good experiences with the city. i enjoyed working with people in the city and hope to work there again

Pros

safety

Great Company

Worked with plants and in horticulturegood managementgood co-workersgreat summer job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement