City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

Equipment Operator4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

citysupervisorfuncultureexperiencefriendlycoworkerslot

Job security and good benefits

I enjoy working here and like that your home every night. Has good benefits and decent pay. Good work environment. Made some friends here and supervisors are helpful.

Pros

4 ten hour shifts

Cons

Working in extreme conditions

Good Pay work is not that hard!!

Only thing bad about working for the Parks Dept. is most jobs are only seasonal...Management does not always listen to employees..The part i like most about working for the city is that i ;earned to operate different types of equipment.

Pros

Good Place to work

Cons

Not full-time

Insights into City of Saskatoon, SK

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive workplace with many advancement opportunities

While this is not where I chose to work for the rest of my life as I find myself more suited to the IT field, the 3 years I spent there were amazing. Absolutely great people. The required duties and assigned work were definitely fulfilling, and a good challenge at times. Working outside all summer long is a great experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend working for them if you are a student looking to make some extra cash, or even someone who is genuinely interested in horticulture and park maintenance. These people take their job very seriously and strive to upkeep the parks and garden areas for the citizens in the area.

Pros

Staff breakfasts, full time hours, good benefits upon full time employment.

Just what the example says, fun and productive and we do have a ping-pong table.

A typical day at work for the city of Saskatoon starts at 7 am and ends at 4:04 pm. It starts off with a tool box meeting and orders given out on what our duties are for the day. We are usually assigned with partners to work with and the jobs could be in any part of the city with whatever machine we may be alotted. Every day is a learning experience for example, learning how to use machinery in a landscaping operation. As for management, they are very good and knowledgable. They are always on hand if we need assistance or are in need of anything. All the co-workers get along and if anything did come up the supervisors and their higher-ups are on it right away.The hardest part of the job- well their is no hard part as long as you know what you are doing and enjoy it. I enjoy operating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement