City of Saskatoon, SK

City of Saskatoon, SK Employee Reviews

Canada96 reviews
excellent place to work
Good environment when it comes to having opportunities for advancement. The best thing about it is work/life balance. Great working outside and very friendly enviroment
Pros
gives you working experience
Cons
same routine
Micromanaged through the roof
Manager doesnt know what they are doing, director makes comments that are untruthful, showed true colors during covid. This place is very micromanaged not allowed to have a thought of your own and, the trainer has been there since highschool and if you bring up some ideas to implement during training they get defensive. Most people stay there for the money because they are stuck st this point. Managment in the last 5 years is the worst!
Fun place but incompetent managers and directors
Typical city job, incompetent managers praise usless workers, while disciplining workers who strive to be more efficient or suggest how to be more efficient.
Very fun and inclusive work environment
I was in charge of a summer camp with my partner. I met a lot of great kids and had fun spending the summer with them. The work staff was also great and I had a great supervisor. I would definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Free Lunches if you forgot yours, Great kids and staff, had no problems with parents
Cons
Only a summer position
Great Place to Work!
Loved working here it was very fun, very flexible and good pay. Casual hours for the job, but the job its self was also very casual and laid back. Afternoon hours.
Supportive work environment
All the areas work together to help each other, even if the job itself is independent. Everyone is supportive and helps each other grow and become better at their job or help advance each others careers. everyone is well respected, and our opinions do not go unnoticed.
Fun and functional place to work.
This was a fun and upbeat place to work. I made my own choreography and chose my own music. I had freedom to teach the way I felt comfortable. Always encouraging!
Nice gym community
Working for the city of Saskatoon fitness centres has been great! Flexible hours for work, free gym membership for trainers, and great parking too. I highly recommend applying if you have the proper qualifications
Very friendly staff to work with great job experience
Outdoor work

Relaxed work environment

Fair pay

Unfortunately only seasonal employment and would prefer full time

I recommend to work for city
Good
It was a good experience for me especially right after I finished my office schooling. I did enjoy the other people that I worked closely with and the building was nice and old.
Job is good.
I like going to work every morning. My coworkers are great and very helpful. Management leaves something to be desired sometimes and interdepartmental communication is bad. Still a great place to work.
It's Ok.
Work conditions are good. Not much for supervision which is nice. Salary,time off is good. Co workers are easy to get along with. If you need a job it's a good place to work.
Best Place to work
Really wonderful work culture. Amazing support from Management. Very well paid and benefits as well.awesome coworkers.
Once you start here to work no one leaves until retirement
Productive and fast paced work place with so much to contribute for the betterment of society and citizens.
- Collaborative
- Data Analysis, Advance Policy Preparation, Writing Reports

- Inclusive Culture

- Working on projects which directly and positively impacts the citizens
Pros
Collaborative Work Culture
Cons
Fast paced workplace
Rigid workplace with detailed expectations
Lifeguarding is a good fit to get through university. Through my time with the City I watched the work environment gradually increase in micromanagement of employees' time. However not all personality types are suited to both interacting with the public, and teaching children to swim. It is a very involved job.
Friend;ly work place
The salary is great and the co-workers and supervisors are very friendly. It is a place that one can develop his or her career. They organised internal training for staff at all times.
Low moral and top heavy management.
First 6 years were exciting. Alot of various jobs. Management was a bit much. They throw away thousands of dollars away on poor ideas from city hall, and nickle and dime employees. Poor leadership and low moral was a huge problem. Worked there for 18 years.
Good place to work. Relaxed and slow paced but has a lot of projects and meetings. very secure job with lots of benefits. would Highly recommend having a permanent job here.
A real eye opener
I worked for 6 years as a para transit bus driver. It was extremely difficult job to be good at. The schedules were virtually impossible to keep up with. Dealing with clients with physical and mental issues can be a very scary thing. Management did not back the drivers ever when there were complaints from clients. High stress
Good benefits and safety matters
The City of Saskatoon is a excellent place to work the wages are decent and a chance for advancement the management is alright if competent. Some are and some aren’t!
great place to work.
it is a great place to work everyone is so nice everyone suports each other and encourages one another it is nice to learn something every day you work