CITY OF RICHMOND

CITY OF RICHMOND Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Focused Environment

When working at the city, the tasks were very similar day to day. Wasn't a lot of flexible work to be done and everyone seemed to be on their own schedule.

The job is very rewarding but the management has changed

A typical day at work inspecting many different types of buildings is rewarding because I am able to help or direct builders to successful completion of any building project. I learn new things every day because I implement the BC building code and Fire code every day. The management has changed and so has the workplace culture. The hardest part of my job is finding time to read all the reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking on new and more complicated projects where I am chellanged to think.

Pros

Freedom to work responsibility

Cons

Some of the attitudes

Flexible

Great place to work while in school. Hours are very flexible and they do a great job accommodating students. Recommended for anyone who desires to be a part of something bigger.

I loved working for the city of richmond and have a very good reputation as an extremely good learner and hard worker

Phenomenal job i really enjoyed the environment and the people i worked alongside, all the management is very open and happy to help with anything you need

Good job to have

Like any job, there is always ups and downs. However, the people were always great to work with, and management was very accomodating as well for personal life. Plus the pay is awesome.

Great people to work with. Some management issues.

many wonderful employees to work with. some management issues may need to be addressed in the future. Overall a wonderful work experience with only minor issues and technicalities

Fun Job, Very good benifets, great hours and salary

this job was great it was very reasonable you never felt pressured to do anything you didn't feel comfortable doing. co workers like each other and get along, good environment.

Pros

i got every second friday off

Cons

its gets dirty

Bylaw Canvasser

The typical day required a lot of data entry infront of a computer but also a lot of driving around the city. I found it to be a very enjoyable job and a great way to make a name for myself within the City of Richmond. I was only on a summer contract with them but I am excited to get the chance again this summer to do it again.

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits

Good job

Great job good pay and room for advancement. Seasonal at times but hard work pays off.

Fun and rewarding place to work

Very rewarding place to work. Team is amazing and the seniors are a joy to be with.

Pros

Work and socialize with great people

Fun workplace with energetic top level management

The City of Richmond is a very desirable place to work as everyone from the CAO down to the front line staff have a positive attitude and enjoy a healthy work/life balance. There are many social and corporate events throughout the year and it is a certainly well sort after work place.

Pros

lunch and learns, positive work environment and friendly co-workers

Cons

rigid organization because of bureaucracy