CITY OF RICHMOND

CITY OF RICHMOND Employee Reviews

Focused Environment

When working at the city, the tasks were very similar day to day. Wasn't a lot of flexible work to be done and everyone seemed to be on their own schedule.

Depends on which department and if under the Mayor or Council

Read up on which department you are applying for and whether they report to Council or the Mayor. Check the news / Google/Reddit. Some can be amazing and some can be a nightmare.

Pros

Good benefits, Pto, Time off

Cons

Management can be inconsistent, poor communication everywhere, some bullying/harassment depending on where you work

Insights into CITY OF RICHMOND

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

No pay raises

Th pay raises only come when they fell like giving one. The happen about every 5 years and are very small. You can expect to make less over the years than when you start due to insurance increase.

Pros

Lots paid time off when earned

Cons

Political, no pay raises

Most employees care about the Citizens and are passionate about their jobs

Most employees working for the City genuinely care about their role with the City of Richmond and will go above and beyond to provide quality services to the citizens.

Pros

Learning environment

Cons

unstable leadership

Micro management

Only the top tier of this city gets paid well,the rest get very little in compensation, unless you worked for the director of public works in his previous position at sugarland.

Pros

paid time off

Cons

compensation

Bad management

Hired to do a job. Was promised a salary that was shorted 4k when I started. Expected to run a AV/IT department without any funding. When schools were closed. I was told I would not be paid. I had to use materials and supplies to support my job and aid schools with their AV needs from my home and personal inventory.

The job is very rewarding but the management has changed

A typical day at work inspecting many different types of buildings is rewarding because I am able to help or direct builders to successful completion of any building project. I learn new things every day because I implement the BC building code and Fire code every day. The management has changed and so has the workplace culture. The hardest part of my job is finding time to read all the reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking on new and more complicated projects where I am chellanged to think.

Pros

Freedom to work responsibility

Cons

Some of the attitudes

Flexible

Great place to work while in school. Hours are very flexible and they do a great job accommodating students. Recommended for anyone who desires to be a part of something bigger.

was a laid back job once you passed probation, which was a year.

Had great friends there but one manager was a cut throat individual. But overall it was laid back, until you had to hurry and get a apartment ready to be moved into.

Pros

Good employees to work with. Good benefits etc

Cons

Some managers are cut throat, Must maintain a drivers license.

Nice occupation qualify time outings to avoid burnout

Nice teamwork all-time Good Pay good benefits Good leadership monthly seminars in service pay raises training ceus break time well organized excellent patient care quality assurance

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Short breaks

being at all the city Events

well work for the City of Richmond Ca. was a great Job I Was able to start working in the morning sweeping up the front and around the Building setting up chairs and table's for events and learning about other Cultures from Wedding and Dances party and most of all the People only problem was the Guys who was there first Because they would tell me what to do then leave what I loved about the Job is Once they found out I knew the Job they had someone else give me jobe to do

Pros

it was always something going on

Cons

its always those People

Happy

Well I did not work in Richmond VA it was Richmond CA. I liked that place more then working in El cerrtio . Only cause I could vibe more with the people round me

Pros

City work

Cons

It was only six months

I loved working for the city of richmond and have a very good reputation as an extremely good learner and hard worker

Phenomenal job i really enjoyed the environment and the people i worked alongside, all the management is very open and happy to help with anything you need

Very Progressive City

One of the best jobs I've ever had. Can't say anything bad about the job, management, or any of the experiences I had while employed there. However, Richmond California is my hometown so I may be a little jaded.

wonderful people great place to work and live

Richmond is a great place to work and live. large number of wealthy residents on the outskirts and they are very generous to their community. fine community college, branch of IU. persons have good solid values but are rarely judgemental

Pros

easy drive to indianapolis

Cons

too many ugly signs advertising

Exciting opportunity to work with your.

Working for The City of Richmond is a great opportunity and can be rewarding if you work in the parks and recs department. It's a great door opener of you want to advance in rank.

Pros

Rewarding and life changing

Cons

Part time work only

Good job to have

Like any job, there is always ups and downs. However, the people were always great to work with, and management was very accomodating as well for personal life. Plus the pay is awesome.

Fun place and people to work with

Great people and environment to work in. Enjoyed the time I was with the City. Pay was competitive for positions in similar local government markets The hardest part was working within the political system.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, flexible skills utilized

Cons

Politics

Great people to work with. Some management issues.

many wonderful employees to work with. some management issues may need to be addressed in the future. Overall a wonderful work experience with only minor issues and technicalities

rewarding place to work , unfortunately after 5 years they had a cut

worked very closely with customers , scanning , accept payment input encroachment permits, wrote contact data input mail\, assist other employees.

Pros

nice working atmosphere

Great work experience, hard to obtain a full time position

Great atmosphere, always room for advancement and opportunities, but no health benefits and not a lot of full time job opportunities or overtime. But they are flexible with hours and always think of there employees.

Pros

Career and advancement opportunities

Cons

No full time available or health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF RICHMOND. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement