CITY OF RICHMOND
CITY OF RICHMOND Employee Review

Fun workplace with energetic top level management

26 July 2012
The City of Richmond is a very desirable place to work as everyone from the CAO down to the front line staff have a positive attitude and enjoy a healthy work/life balance. There are many social and corporate events throughout the year and it is a certainly well sort after work place.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
lunch and learns, positive work environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
rigid organization because of bureaucracy
1 October 2015
Same location
Labourer 1 (Former Employee) - RIchmond Vancouver
this job was great it was very reasonable you never felt pressured to do anything you didn't feel comfortable doing. co workers like each other and get along, good environment.
Pros
i got every second friday off
Cons
its gets dirty
17 January 2020
Engineering Student (Former Employee) - Richmond, BC
When working at the city, the tasks were very similar day to day. Wasn't a lot of flexible work to be done and everyone seemed to be on their own schedule.
17 March 2019
Building Inspector 1 (Current Employee) - Richmond, BC
A typical day at work inspecting many different types of buildings is rewarding because I am able to help or direct builders to successful completion of any building project. I learn new things every day because I implement the BC building code and Fire code every day. The management has changed and so has the workplace culture. The hardest part of my job is finding time to read all the reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking on new and more complicated projects where I am chellanged to think.
Pros
Freedom to work responsibility
Cons
Some of the attitudes
  1. Fun workplace with energetic top level management