CITY OF RICHMOND
CITY OF RICHMOND Employee Review

Bylaw Canvasser

14 January 2015
The typical day required a lot of data entry infront of a computer but also a lot of driving around the city. I found it to be a very enjoyable job and a great way to make a name for myself within the City of Richmond. I was only on a summer contract with them but I am excited to get the chance again this summer to do it again.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
17 January 2020
Engineering Student (Former Employee) - Richmond, BC
When working at the city, the tasks were very similar day to day. Wasn't a lot of flexible work to be done and everyone seemed to be on their own schedule.
17 March 2019
Building Inspector 1 (Current Employee) - Richmond, BC
A typical day at work inspecting many different types of buildings is rewarding because I am able to help or direct builders to successful completion of any building project. I learn new things every day because I implement the BC building code and Fire code every day. The management has changed and so has the workplace culture. The hardest part of my job is finding time to read all the reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking on new and more complicated projects where I am chellanged to think.
Pros
Freedom to work responsibility
Cons
Some of the attitudes
17 February 2019
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) - Richmond, BC
Great place to work while in school. Hours are very flexible and they do a great job accommodating students. Recommended for anyone who desires to be a part of something bigger.