City of Richmond Hill logo
City of Richmond Hill

City of Richmond Hill Employee Reviews

Collaborative

Was pleasure to work with Zoning team and learned a lot on planning process in Ontario. Team was helpful and the job was contract so had terminated after a year.

productive and fun workplace

I really like working for the Town of Richmond Hill. The people are nice and the environment is great. Depending on the job you can really pick any field you would like under the town of Richmond Hill.

Pros

work at your own pace nice hours

A growth Experience for the Staff and Public

This was a wonderful experience tailored to the improvement of the students in each session as well as the skills of managing classes and working in a team environment for the staff.

great

best workplace iv been in to date, great breaks working with all types of people ages to help them learn to swim. must fight for hour requests and the hours are not straight through say i would start 6am to 8am. break untill 11am work 12-4pm, break. work 6-8pm

Winter Job

Temporary Labourer – Horticultural Assistant September 2004 – December 2004 Town of Richmond Hill, Parks and Recreation Department • Parks maintenance, including, horticultural maintenance and restoration, tree planting and recreation facilities construction. • Garbage removal and clean-up of parks and facilities on site.

Pros

Structure

Cons

People within that structure

Good pay and work-life balance

Worked there as a summer student and they really supported me during my university career

Pros

great seasonal job

Cons

No communication with management

Guitar Teacher

I would start my work with me coming about a half hour early before all of the kids to get my lesson plan started. I learned that you need to be very practical and not confuse these kids as to what you are teaching them. The hardest part about working in a job like this, is that you need a lot of patience with some of these kids. Its hard at times, but you must stick to it and help the kids learn all they can. The best part about this job was seeing the kids actually pick up the techniques and methods I was teaching them, It was a joy to see.

Jobs at City of Richmond Hill