City of Richmond Hill logo
City of Richmond Hill

City of Richmond Hill Employee Reviews

Collaborative

Was pleasure to work with Zoning team and learned a lot on planning process in Ontario. Team was helpful and the job was contract so had terminated after a year.

s h i t salaries.

the earnings depend on how many ads get distributed, so it's highly unstable. Highest I got was $80 in 3 weeks, lowest was $30.. Don't notify you of which houses to skip, so you end up getting yelled at by annoyed residents

Amazing Job

As a grass cutter I enjoyed my time here. It is a great student position with many benefits. I loved my crew each year that I worked here and would recommend this position to anyone

They were okay

Laid back environment with something different to do everyday. Always a challenge and keeps one on their toes throughout the workday. Hardest part is staying coordinated in the madness.

Fun place to work

Great place to work if you are full time. Great location. Free Parking. Neat building to work. Easy access to restaurants and shops. Great people to work with.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

correct timings

great place to work

I do enjoy working at Town of Richmond Hill, great people, love the environment and the culture. Management are very helpful and always their to help...

Cons

not enough learning opportunities and growth

Great Workplace

Positive work environment, friendly co-workers. Excellent public outreach and enducation. Dedicated monitoring services with first rate laboratory equipment and analysis techniques.

No Room for Advancement - Even if you have strong skills

Worked here,, and still do, for 7+ years. Was made supervisor on weekends and often given major responsibilities including training of new employees both on and off ice, and supervising sessions as the head on ice instructor. I successfully helped make the skating and hockey program grow exponentially in a very short period of time. When opportunities arose for advancement that I was easily qualified for I was never even granted an interview let alone an offer. With a spotless track record and raving positive reviews from the customers, and parents of children I taught I was never given any chances to move up. As Outside hires with less experience and understanding of the program came in as my superiors the program began to suffer. Both due to lack of interests by my supervisors and customer relations. Although I continued to have return patrons taking my classes the standards of other new instructors and subpar training on the behalf of my supervisors led to a steady decline in our popularity of programs. Although I loved this job, the Town of Richmond Hill does not appreciate nor take note of its talented and dedicated staff. While offering little opportunity for growth.

Pros

Pay was above minimum wage

Cons

Poor leadership from supervisors, hired immature / unreliable staff, terrible training by new supervisors, no consequences for poor work, no guidance, poor organization

Lifeguard/swim instructor

The environment overall was great. It is fun and social and yet everything is still very organized. I met some of my best friends at this job, got great experience, and made good pay

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace with good hours & great advancement opportunities. Everyone smiles. Lots of pizza and drinks. Good people overall, comfortable setting.

Pros

Communal

Jobs at City of Richmond Hill

See more jobs

great place to work but run but a goof

this is a fantastic job for students but the supervisor has some issues and hopefully will not be working in the arenas much longer. The people he brought on are also hard to deal with but everyone else is great, laid back.

Great place to work.

Great place to work Good wages Summer hours are good and have various shifts Winter work is steady,but at times overbearing. As some winter maintainence call ins are not needed

Excellent work environment

I enjoyed working in an outdoor environment with other people. Workplace culture is very energetic and fun. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat as it can be very draining.

Don't work as a lifeguard

Management is extremely disrespectful, condescending and sexist. Swim instructors are treated very poorly both by management and student parents. Underpaid. Work elsewhere.

Fun and welcoming work experience

A typical day involves working with campers doing crafts, playing games, baking, etc. I learned how to effectively manage time, multi-task, and make day plans for children. The hardest part of the job is the lengthy amount of training. Everything about the job is enjoyable, the kids make everything worthwhile.

Pros

Awesome children

Cons

Long Days

good starting job for students

Great environment the longer you work here the more people want to get rid of you because of your high pay, it rotates new people into the job as they are paid less.

Fun workplace if you enjoy children

Working with children is quite fun, staff aren't always pleasant, but the CEO knows what they're doing, and are always aware of the children's safety, would recommend!

fun work place

- i learned lot of ways to connect with the community - i learned how to drive a zamboni - i learned people skills dealing with all different ages - i loved it

Hard working, fun, motivated people working to help the community

Working for the town of Richmond Hill has been an incredible experience. All workers, regardless of their rank, consistently get along and friendships are forged along the way. The work can be physically demanding, but having so many people to enjoy the day with makes that okay.

Dealing with children and parents can be a bit overwhelming but once you find a rhythm it can be very beneficial to continue with the job. Had some trouble student but overall the experience of working with kids is amazing.

very poor management decisions in past several years. Distinct lines of pyramid authority with no crossing of lines, communication allowed

Good pay and benefits for full time employees. Numerous terminations by Management of full time staff over past several years. Termination agreement's don't allow for any detailed disclosure of the hidden secret Management operations over the years withheld from the public.

Pros

Great salary and benefits

Cons

Can't trust anyone
  • City of Richmond Hill