City of Richmond Hill

City of Richmond Hill Employee Reviews

Was pleasure to work with Zoning team and learned a lot on planning process in Ontario. Team was helpful and the job was contract so had terminated after a year.
I just didn't vibe well with the manager of the facility I was working at and the wider employee base aren't necessarily the most interesting or tolerable individuals in the world, but this is highly dependent on who you end up working with, which can be highly variable
Enjoyed being around with children and learning new things everyday at camp whether it be from staff or the camp children. Would highly recommend becoming a summer camp counsellor.
Fantastic place to work in with great work life balance and wonderful people. The place is easy going and people ae extremely understanding and very supporive
I have been doing it for 12 years. So it is good enough to stay if you like comfort and stability. But after a while it gets repetitive and I need a challenge to keep me focused.
Friendly staff where teamwork plays a major part in the operation. Upper management may be difficult at times but things have been changed and now it is even better to work for such a fantastic organization. Hard work is extremely valued.
Working for the City of Richmond Hill has been a learning experience over the last 6 years. Working here has taught me many valuable lessons that include: ability to work as a team, critical thinking, leadership and administrative duties.
My direct managers where hostile and unprofessional however my coworkers are fun and the work environment is moderately welcoming and inviting. The job was entertaining and I enjoyed working with and teaching children swimming.
I learned a lot. There are many nice people working here. With the advancement of technology and the possibility of working remotely, there is more efficiency and better life and work balance.
The Town of Richmond Hill is a good place to work. It is a positive work environment and environmentally friendly. I formed positive bonds with many of my coworkers.
Great place to work for. Higher ups are great to their employees. Really relaxed and no pressure environment. Good compensation and always helping out their employees with schedules.
I applied to Centennial Pool as a lifeguard and instructor 1 year ago and was not disappointed. This was my very first job and everyone was very nice, welcoming and friendly. I’m able to positively communicate with the people I work with and as well as the patrons. I was easily able to be familiar with the pool and its rules through my co workers.
far from home so did not enjoy the commute. Also, start time is 8am which I did not like either. I am just trying to finish the minimum chsracters so that i can move on
As a volunteer I was responsible for things such as supervising children, assisting counselors with setting up / taking down different objects for activities and being engaged in the activities to help keep the children content. The management and supervisors were very nice to me and it made my time there a lot more enjoyable. Most of the enjoyable parts were the interactions I got to share with the children and the supervisors. The children were fun and well behaved, and the supervisors would give me advice and guidance to help me improve as a person and a worker.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Sometimes the large amount of children could be overwhelming to look after
A lot of responsibility, hard work place as a first job, really stressful, hardest part of the job was getting along with co-worker, best part was teaching.
Pros
good experience I gained a lot of skills i didn't have before
Cons
not a very positive environment for me
Poor management but a lot of experience is gained from this workplace. You are subject to lay-offs should a pool capacity not be optimal for employment without notice (from experience). Seen lots in aquatics. No benefits for part-time staff. Great job for high school students but they tend to treat adults like teens as a result. You are required to spend 15 mins prior to your shift and can be asked to stay 15 mins after without pay to help set-up/clean-up.
management team effective and cohesive, past CEO was troubling, new CEO is promising. Staff resources are tight in many areas making workplace stress common, but manageable.
Very organized and gives a lot of different volunteer opportunities. There are a lot of different places you can volunteer. You can choose what fits your schedule and interests you.
Pros
A lot of choices
Full time hours and overtime available sometimes. Management was pretty bad and no supervisors seemed to know what was going on half the time. Overall it was okay, good for a summer or two but not forever
Management was well , Timings for shifts was flexible , Staff was friendly and nice. Location was okay , Not that many shifts are given. Customer service was very good.
It is a great place to work, the organizational culture is unlike anything else I have ever experienced. Felt really good to work outdoors and help members of the public!